Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:44 AM

How would you feel if....

....you saw someone wearing the same outfit as you?

The reason I'm asking this, is because I got myself a couple of summer tops from Morrisons, just for pottering about. Then as I bought them, I saw a woman next to me wearing the same top, and thought "oooh, I wouldn't like it if she and I were in the same place wearing the same things" Is it just me being an oddball, or would any of you feel awkward if you found yourself somewhere with someone wearing the same as you? Especially at an event...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:49 AM

Re: How would you feel if....

l wouldn’t mind if someone was wearing the same as me.

Aren’t you supposed to just congratulate them on their good taste?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:50 AM

Personally, it wouldn't bother me at all. I'd be happy that there's at least one other person who's proud to show what a cheapskate he is when buying clothes and who has no idea of dress sense and colour coordination.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:52 AM

Never happened to me, but it did to my Mum & she was a bit of a snob. She & Dad went to a 'posh do'. Mum had spent ages finding the right dress only to see another woman wearing the very same dress. Mum was horrified but the other woman walked right up to her & said.'I see we both have excellent taste in clothing'. It didn't help, Mum was gutted.
Me, I thought it hilarious, Mum was not amused.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
l wouldn’t mind if someone was wearing the same as me.

Aren’t you supposed to just congratulate them on their good taste?
Oh that's an idea, yes....never thought of that!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

19-07-2021, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Personally, it wouldn't bother me at all. I'd be happy that there's at least one other person who's proud to show what a cheapskate he is when buying clothes and who has no idea of dress sense and colour coordination.
Oh I'm sure you dress perfectly well, Dex....at least it sounds a bit quirky. Are you an odd socks guy then?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

19-07-2021, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Never happened to me, but it did to my Mum & she was a bit of a snob. She & Dad went to a 'posh do'. Mum had spent ages finding the right dress only to see another woman wearing the very same dress. Mum was horrified but the other woman walked right up to her & said.'I see we both have excellent taste in clothing'. It didn't help, Mum was gutted.
Me, I thought it hilarious, Mum was not amused.
That's hilarious, Tiffany!! Your poor mum! Yes, I'm not a clothes snob - I'm quite happy to buy from Primark, charity shops (or was) as well as other places. It must just be me then because I wouldn't care if someone said they had the same outfit, I would just feel a bit odd if both of us had one on at the same time, in the same place...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:01 AM

On holiday last week a lot of the women middle aged and onwards were wearaing the same as me with a slight variation in pattern..Jeans and Joules sweatshirts .
I had a £20 off voucher from Joules and was able to get two lovely stripy tops at a reduced price
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:01 AM

Casual/everyday type stuff - no problem at all. If I were going somewhere special it would be unlikely to happen anyway as I would make my own outfit.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:06 AM

Think I've mentioned recently on OFF, but have you ever noticed that you never see two people wearing the same style of shoes? Especially true with flipflops and sandals when abroad

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top