Join for free
Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 04:47 PM

Re: Brexit talks end 1 day early??

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I like your thinking Takahashi We've been trying to get answers out of Solasch to similar questions for ages but he almost always tries to swerve them.

Here's one he blame "stupid Brits" for: Who is responsible for all the existing unemployed people in Greece, Italy, Spain?
Oh, I wouldn't even bother to discuss things with him.
I know he's a great supporter of the EU, which is fair enough, but more importantly you'll never get any sensible answers from him.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I wouldn't even bother to discuss things with him.
I know he's a great supporter of the EU, which is fair enough, but more importantly you'll never get any sensible answers from him.
I know that, it's just that, like Bread, at the moment I'm enjoying trying to get a rise out of him. I know full well he has to have the very last word on any subject under the sun and I see it as part of my job to see that doesn't happen.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I know that, it's just that, like Bread, at the moment I'm enjoying trying to get a rise out of him. I know full well he has to have the very last word on any subject under the sun and I see it as part of my job to see that doesn't happen.

Yes, I know you know, and that you know that I know!
Actually, I suppose I was trying to advise Mr Takahashi.
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 05:56 PM

Well I'm new here so any advice is appreciated!
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 06:13 PM

I agree.

What annoyed me more than anything is how the EU assigned our fishing areas 85% to the Frogs and 10% to us!

I could at least understand their logic if we were awarded 10% and the other 90% divided between other EU member states, but how did the Frogs end up with the lion's share?

Does anyone have any sort of explanation?
I'm afraid I cannot answer that but I think it was agreed in the early 1970's and Heath was in power then. He loved the EU so much he would have killed his granny to get his foot in the door.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-07-2020, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
I'm afraid I cannot answer that but I think it was agreed in the early 1970's and Heath was in power then. He loved the EU so much he would have killed his granny to get his foot in the door.
I can't believe how many of our MPs and PMs seem to love the EU rather than their own country.

The last one I had any real respect for was Maggie, though Boris seems to be setting things straight at last. I just hope he keeps it up. The only thing I disagree with him doing is the HS2 waste.

BTW, are you Japanese?
I don't know why that occurred to me!
Takahashi
United Kingdom

05-07-2020, 08:10 PM

I can't believe how many of our MPs and PMs seem to love the EU rather than their own country.

The last one I had any real respect for was Maggie, though Boris seems to be setting things straight at last. I just hope he keeps it up. The only thing I disagree with him doing is the HS2 waste.

BTW, are you Japanese?
I don't know why that occurred to me!
No, not Japanese. Username Takahashi comes from manufacturer of my telescope, which is Japanese!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1421a.jpg.00ef172002e4739fef9def64b8effeec.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	13141  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-07-2020, 08:17 PM

No, not Japanese. Username Takahashi comes from manufacturer of my telescope, which is Japanese!
Yes, that looks quite impressive.

The lawn's rather neat too.
Takahashi
United Kingdom

05-07-2020, 08:21 PM

It would have to look neat - I garden for a living.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-07-2020, 08:34 PM

It would have to look neat - I garden for a living.
So does Marge!

Well to be honest, she does it for nothing.

Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top