Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 03:23 PM

Re: Scammed.

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
I can only praise the sentiment behind your gesture.

But sadly today, kind people like yourself have become targets, due to your/their kind nature and willingness the help the suffering of others

Please be very careful

Yes I will be careful in future.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 04:37 PM

Pauline, l am quite surprised you got ‘had’, as l had got you down as being quite ‘street-wise’.

But guess what... Life is swings and roundabouts and you’ll get it back in another way!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Oh no...I wouldn’t give bank details..I sent cash..recorded delivery..P.O box..

I thought it was a mother and her 3 children..her son was the one I exchanged messages with (that’s what I thought)..I sent them 2 Jiffy bags full of sweets..

Never mind...
Pauline, 10 points for being a decent caring person, but minus several hundred for not suspecting the intentions of everyone you encounter, especially begging requests from anywhere of anyone in Africa.

This is a variation on an old scam, it's been around to my knowledge since the 50's though by street beggars and postcards in corner shop windows.

Once some kind soul sent a bag of sweets or a few bob if they in any way identified themselves the con stepped up a few notches until the "mark" realised they were being skinned and dropped out.

I trust no-one that way I'm never disappointed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 06:53 PM

Faecesbook is the pits!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 07:23 PM

There was a scam going around recently stating that your TV licence payment has not been made. It begins 'something's gone wrong'. I had a couple of them and ignored them, even though they are written well and are quite convincing.

Apparently, the TV licensing sharks never write to you by email, only by snail-mail.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There was a scam going around recently stating that your TV licence payment has not been made. It begins 'something's gone wrong'. I had a couple of them and ignored them, even though they are written well and are quite convincing.

Apparently, the TV licensing sharks never write to you by email, only by snail-mail.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Yep, I had that one recently, JBR.
They look so real, even quoted my TV licence number.
Luckily I double checked though, because it wasn't my number, but how many people would even know their right number I wonder . . .
Swines, aren't they.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
First time I’ve been caught out..
Cadbury's Twirl is my favourite Pauline. Just saying like.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
So many scams around at the moment so take extra care. Two of my recent phone calls were allegedly from Amazon telling me that I was about to be be debited £79.99.9999 for this months Prime account which of course is £7.99. A clue when answering your phone is a long delay before they start talking. Be aware! Hang up straight away. These people can be quite convincing.
I had one myself yesterday. I was taken off guard for a few seconds, as Amazon had signed me up for a free trial for Prime, against my better wishes, which was due to finish on July 7th. Amazon keep trying to get you into Prime by some really devious ways. So I can understand people being fooled by these calls, when their Prime membership is due. Amazon will always do this by e-mail. The old giveaway is "Press button one to speak to a Manager" I've suspended my Amazon account, as I'm fed up with their tactics.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 12:08 PM

Believe it or not this guy is back on Facebook and befriended me again...he said his profile was hacked into.

He sent me his email....no way am i clicking on that or getting in touch.

I’m just waiting to see if he lets me know if he received my money and sweets.

I told him I will only speak through FB...I will give him the benefit of my doubt..

I am going to ask him to send a pic of the girls eating the sweets....as he said they were really looking forward to tasting English sweets.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top