Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 02:40 AM

Gender Reassignment

Someone who had gender reassignment surgery is now suing the NHS for not challenging their decision to go ahead with the procedure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51676020

He/she via lawyers is claiming that as a 16 year old she didn't realise the full implications of what it would mean to her future before she was treated with puberty blockers initially and then full surgery later.

Aren't (if the transgender community is to be believed) people supposed to know what sex they are even at an early age, and that is why some parents, when told by their children that they are a particular gender when biology tells them otherwise, encourage them to be that gender even to the extent of dressing them accordingly?

Can it be said that the transgender community has to shoulder some of the blame for failed reassignments such as this because of their determination to show that changing gender should be given as a right as a matter of course just because someone requests it?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 06:47 AM

Re: Gender Reassignment

Children have certain rights, but not all of the rights an adult has. We routinely deny children the right to smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, drive a car and to vote. Why ? Because we understand that a child does not have the mental or emotional capacity to make rational/wise decisions. So, why should we allow a child to make what is arguably the single biggest decision of his/her life?

In any event, a child born with a specific gender AND the DNA to back it up, will always be that gender, no matter radical surgery is performed.

Personally, I strongly believe that any parent who "encourages" a child to dress the opposite of what his/her anatomical gender stipulates, is guilty of child abuse.

Moreover, my daughter , from the earliest age, always knew she was a girl. Without any input from me, or anyone else, she wanted dolls and "girl clothes". I honestly believe that if I had bought her boy toys: bulldozers, dump-trucks, and road graders etc, she would have thrown a fit. Whenever I took her to a toy department, she made a bee-line for the "baby-dolls".
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 07:15 AM

I find it astonishing that we are giving children puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I find it astonishing that we are giving children puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones.

There is no end to what the LGTBQ community demands as a "right".
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Someone who had gender reassignment surgery is now suing the NHS for not challenging their decision to go ahead with the procedure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51676020

He/she via lawyers is claiming that as a 16 year old she didn't realise the full implications of what it would mean to her future before she was treated with puberty blockers initially and then full surgery later.

Aren't (if the transgender community is to be believed) people supposed to know what sex they are even at an early age, and that is why some parents, when told by their children that they are a particular gender when biology tells them otherwise, encourage them to be that gender even to the extent of dressing them accordingly?

Can it be said that the transgender community has to shoulder some of the blame for failed reassignments such as this because of their determination to show that changing gender should be given as a right as a matter of course just because someone requests it?

I agree, Judd.

The whole transgender thing is becoming out of control. It is being used almost as a 'fashion statement' which is really worrying.

While I have every sympathy with genuine cases - I feel a lot of it is whim - some idiot 'would be celebrity' had it done so many others follow suit.

It should certainly not be done by the NHS, and I do not believe they are culpable in this case. Counselling and decision making should all have been done - thoroughly - before the case reached surgery level.

His/Her lawyers are out to make money - and I hope that they fail.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
There is no end to what the LGTBQ community demands as a "right".
As this case clearly demonstrates that ignores the right of a child to be a child and have choices later in life. I hope there are more such cases because it is one thing for children to talk about how they feel about their gender but puberty blocking is totally unethical for such a reason. Children are not in a position to make such a choice themselves. It's IMO as bad as enforced sterilisation and other such interference to the natural condition of the human body. What people do to each other without thinking through the consequences is appalling.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-03-2020, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I agree, Judd.

The whole transgender thing is becoming out of control. It is being used almost as a 'fashion statement' which is really worrying.

While I have every sympathy with genuine cases - I feel a lot of it is whim - some idiot 'would be celebrity' had it done so many others follow suit.

It should certainly not be done by the NHS, and I do not believe they are culpable in this case.

His/Her lawyers are out to make money - and I hope that they fail.
This individual read about and the decision was influenced by transgender information online. The internet seems to dilute common sense. Kids are very impressionable and susceptible to online messages.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by annies ->
this individual read about and the decision was influenced by transgender information online. The internet seems to dilute common sense. Kids are very impressionable and susceptible to online messages.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

01-03-2020, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by annies ->
as this case clearly demonstrates that ignores the right of a child to be a child and have choices later in life. I hope there are more such cases because it is one thing for children to talk about how they feel about their gender but puberty blocking is totally unethical for such a reason. Children are not in a position to make such a choice themselves. It's imo as bad as enforced sterilisation and other such interference to the natural condition of the human body. what people do to each other without thinking through the consequences is appalling.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 09:51 AM

If you are born male or female then, like it or not, that is the gender you are! Perhaps they should find a way to increase the natural oestrogen or testosterone levels....rather than helping them to become something they are not.
Michael Jackson didn't like being black, & he could afford to have things done to change his skin colour....he did & it may have contributed to his early death.
How would we feel if all black people were offered the same treatments, so they could be treated as equals.

I am sure all of us would like to change some things about ourselves, but would we be happy if we could?
I believe that all these "social media" demands should be ignored, till the young people learn that you can't have everything you want in life.

I hate what social media is doing to the minds of people, who can't resist trying new ideas that appeal to them. Aren't we just creating a generation of spoiled brats who will eventually try anything new and probably regret it later...when they realize they made a mistake?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top