Join for free
Page 2 of 79 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 06:54 AM

Re: Murder by Police - George Floyd

Thursday evening a crowd of young man, estimated to number 300, stormed the 3rd police precinct building in Minneapolis and set it afire. The police fled out the back.

Meanwhile, peaceful protests, and some riots continued across the nation, from N.Y.C. in the east to Los Angeles in the west.

I have not seen anything like this since the aftermath of the Rodney King beating in 1991. Rodney King, a black man, was beaten half to death by a group of Los Angles police, who used heavy truncheons, and many kicks to the head, which was filmed by a passer-by.

Rodney King, unfortunately for him, kept "twitching", which brought on another round of police beating. In spite of the filming, which clearly showed that Mr King was beaten senseless, the police were found "NOT GUILTY". That was the start of the "South Central Riots" of L.A.

The situation is a powder-keg. The fuse has been lit and unless the cops who murdered George Floyd are arrested... and soon, the pent-up righteous indignation will explode.

Don't be a bit surprised when police are set up and ambushed by teams of snipers.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 07:19 AM

Its horrible I can't bear to read or hear any more about this poor man
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 07:26 AM

I agree, those officers should be prosecuted. It only takes a few bad officers to make the rest of them look bad. Mr. Floyd didn't deserve this.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There are always two sides. The amount of hate from the blacks in America is creating a very unstable country.
Yes, there is a racial divide in this nation, and the news media and certain politicians are the main characters who push it.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzzer ->
I agree, those officers should be prosecuted. It only takes a few bad officers to make the rest of them look bad. Mr. Floyd didn't deserve this.

Unfortunately, there are vastly more than just a few bad officers. For every one murder by the police which make international headlines, there are dozens more which are not filmed.

The black community here in America have an expression which sums up the reality of being black … "DRIVING WHILE BLACK". The police use the flimsiest excuses to pull over a black driver, such as a burned out license plate light. Once pulled over, a cop can then claim any number of reasons to demand that the black driver exit the auto. Once he/she is out of the auto, the cop can then become just a bit too physically aggressive which often causes the black person to jerk back. It then quickly goes downhill.

If this sounds like a horrid situation, believe me when I say it is much worse than I describe and incredibly common.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 08:46 AM

I believe you Bakerman .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 10:18 AM

Here is a video link to what happened.
Warning - it's a bit gruesome.

Apparently the 4 cops involved have all been fired.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 11:21 AM

It seems that Trump has weighed in on the side of the police. The mind boggles!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 11:36 AM

There is rioting and looting in Minneapolis now .
This is not the way and does not honour this poor mans death .
Where is a good leader like Martin Luther King ?
Although goodness knows should one arise someone would assassinate him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

29-05-2020, 11:59 AM

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
There is rioting and looting in Minneapolis now .
This is not the way and does not honour this poor mans death .
Where is a good leader like Martin Luther King ?
Although goodness knows should one arise someone would assassinate him.
MLK wasn't by any means what he has been cracked up to be. I know that's absolute heresy to most people but sadly it's a fact. Even his famous "I have a dream" was plagiarised as were most of his submitted works at college including his doctoral thesis.

Racism is endemic in all countries and while it can be and often is papered over the reality is that it takes very little for that paper to be torn and the true feelings of people to emerge.

The USA has had the endemic race hatred mostly supressed by the unjustified guilt of slavery but now the blacks feel they can play on the guilt and go past having equal status granted to them and demand superiority and freedom to do what they want and to hell with Whitey.

I can see the United States cease to be united sooner rather than later.

Page 2 of 79 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top