Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2020, 06:52 PM

Re: Aims of BLM

It seems BLM in the States (where it belongs) has been in existence for a few years; in this country, just a few weeks .... And there are agitators, provocateurs and websites/social media accounts selling T shirts and raising funds.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2020, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
It seems BLM in the States (where it belongs) has been in existence for a few years; in this country, just a few weeks .... And there are agitators, provocateurs and websites/social media accounts selling T shirts and raising funds.
Quite right d00d, this is an American problem and nothing to do with us in the UK. Instead of reducing racism in the UK it will do quite the opposite. But I think the organisers know that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 02:22 AM

I think you are right .
What exactly has all this done for black people ?
Nothing .
The Uk is probably one of , if not the most tolerant country in the world in regard to racism or at least it was.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 04:49 AM

As usual, I will only speak for my own country. I can't read the article without subscribing. My comments are general. BLM here is mostly about indigenous issues - deaths in custody, Lack of police education about aboriginal issues, huge gaps in health care, Recognition of past atrocities and outright genocide * committed against indigenous people by white colonial rulers, first nations people yet to be included in the constitution and a number of other issues. THere is very little violence. Demonstrations are peaceful. MOst people here take the BLM issue seriously. Peacful activism by indigenous leaders and people over decades has done many things for black people here.

* The most complete and disgusting of which was the total - yes total - extinction of the Tasmanian aboriginal people. For the sceptics, a little evidence

https://theconversation.com/explaine...genocide-86828
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 09:30 AM

When will the BAP, ( British Aboriginal People) get their equal
rights?? 🤔🤔🤔

Donkeyman! 😁😁
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think you are right .
What exactly has all this done for black people ?
Nothing .
The Uk is probably one of , if not the most tolerant country in the world in regard to racism or at least it was.
The way BLM and its spinoffs are performing, they are starting to turn me into a racist
I used to be tolerant towards all but now I am starting to feel the first signs of resentment.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
As usual, I will only speak for my own country. I can't read the article without subscribing. My comments are general. BLM here is mostly about indigenous issues - deaths in custody, Lack of police education about aboriginal issues, huge gaps in health care, Recognition of past atrocities and outright genocide * committed against indigenous people by white colonial rulers, first nations people yet to be included in the constitution and a number of other issues. THere is very little violence. Demonstrations are peaceful. MOst people here take the BLM issue seriously. Peacful activism by indigenous leaders and people over decades has done many things for black people here.

* The most complete and disgusting of which was the total - yes total - extinction of the Tasmanian aboriginal people. For the sceptics, a little evidence

https://theconversation.com/explaine...genocide-86828
You mention the white colonial rulers when discussing atrocities
and genocide keezoy??
But werent they actually your ancestors?
And why are the aborigines STILL being oppressed to this day??
It seems to me that it should be a simple matter to write the
aboriginese into your constitution as a start?
Why does it take so bloody long??

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Excellent article Muddy....There are more than the Daily Wail who have questioned their activities.

Allowing 'Black Lives Matter' to flourish in the UK is absolutely disgraceful and should be revealed for the racist, terrorist and anarchist organisation that it really is. It is a threat to every man woman and child in this country, black or white, or anything in between. The sooner it is swept from these shores the better.
I also agree with you. this sort of thing has happened in other Countries and it will happen here. It WILL happen here when there are backboneless politicians like Queer Starmer around
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You mention the white colonial rulers when discussing atrocities
and genocide keezoy??
But werent they actually your ancestors?
And why are the aborigines STILL being oppressed to this day??
It seems to me that it should be a simple matter to write the
aboriginese into your constitution as a start?
Why does it take so bloody long??

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
Happy to answer your question DM even if it is rhetorical. Yes some of them were my ancestors. My other ancestors were from what is now the USA. And unless your ancestors were from somewhere other than Britain, they were your ancestors too. So - respectfully of course .. what exactly is your point? Why does it take so long to affect peaceful social and political change anywhere?..Because like in your country, we have people here who are progressive and want to see change, and we have people who are conservative, only care about themselves and want things to stay the same. Nothing is a simple matter when it comes to changing a constitution DM. I was talking about the BLack Lives Matter movement in Australia. My only point in that particular post was that
We are taking the Black Lives Matter here seriously. Most of the demonstrations are peaceful and relevant. And, they are supported by a large percentage of the population - notwith standing risks caused by contravention of the social distancing laws *. There is little or no violence, looting or destruction of property. Certainly not by black people leastways. At most of the demonstrations the people have been outnumbered by police.

* AFAIK there was only one case of Covid that could be indisputably attributed to the demos. THat was in Melbourne. But Victoria is an aberration at the moment with Covid. They have 25 new cases while the rest of the states have almost none.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
When will the BAP, ( British Aboriginal People) get their equal
rights?? 🤔🤔🤔

Donkeyman! 😁😁
When they go back to Yorkshire

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top