Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 08:59 PM

Re: Trump is toast

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Really??!!
Just my opinion Glanny......
Obviously a lot of Americans agree with me because they voted him into office...

However, I find him embarrassing to listen to, and some of his comments on twitter are unbelievable, but he seems to get things done despite opposition. Two of the things he impressed me with was his wall to keep out undesirables, we don't hear much about that now, but an American poster who lives close to the border with Mexico said it was almost finished and was doing it's job. Apparently the media aren't interested in him when things are going right.

And in a bit to protect America's steel industry he placed a tariff on Chinese steel. Both of these lessons should be learnt by our own government who over the years have favoured an open door policy with our borders, and allowed foreign investment and cheap imports to decimate our industries.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:17 PM

Foxy, what if our home bred entrepreneurs fleeced us, then up sticked?
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Obviously a lot of Americans agree with me because they voted him into office...

However, I find him embarrassing to listen to, and some of his comments on twitter are unbelievable, but he seems to get things done despite opposition. Two of the things he impressed me with was his wall to keep out undesirables, we don't hear much about that now, but an American poster who lives close to the border with Mexico said it was almost finished and was doing it's job. Apparently the media aren't interested in him when things are going right.

And in a bit to protect America's steel industry he placed a tariff on Chinese steel. Both of these lessons should be learnt by our own government who over the years have favoured an open door policy with our borders, and allowed foreign investment and cheap imports to decimate our industries.
Apparently the media aren't interested in him when things are going right.

Now i wonder why that is OGF ? is it because of who owns and runs the American media we dare not say, the elephant in the room is of course sacred and must not be
blamed for anything...

Good post OGF with plenty of guts behind it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Apparently the media aren't interested in him when things are going right.

Now i wonder why that is OGF ? is it because of who owns and runs the American media we dare not say, the elephant in the room is of course sacred and must not be
blamed for anything...

Good post OGF with plenty of guts behind it.
Thanks basser,

It makes me wonder who actually runs this country, and even if the media don't run the country, they make it almost impossible for those that do with their lefty propaganda....It comes as no surprise that both Boris and Trump have had altercations with the media.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
A lot of Americans whilst aware that the UK have access to nuclear weapons were, and probably now even more, unaware that we had home grown nukes.

As for Finland, the relations between Finland and the USSR have been very fluid in the past. It's been a source of concern for a long time until 1995 when relations dramatically improved.
None of what you are saying changes the fact that Trump was unaware the UK had nukes! As president, it speaks poorly of his baseline education in international matters of all types.
And, Finland is its own country, at least last I looked at the current status of facts. Relations with another country do not make you a part of that country....ever. We have had relations with the UK, yet we are separate. Agreed?
Facts are just that....facts.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 08:32 AM

Trump may not be wonderful, but he has done two things that have impressed me -

Stood up to North Korea

Stood up for his own country - a rare thing among western politicians - despite the efforts of the lefty - liberal - handwringers to undermine his every move
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-06-2020, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Trump may not be wonderful, but he has done two things that have impressed me -

Stood up to North Korea

Stood up for his own country - a rare thing among western politicians - despite the efforts of the lefty - liberal - handwringers to undermine his every move
You've got to go back to Margaret Thatcher before you'll find a PM who would stand by her convictions...right or wrong you can never say she would back down in a political brawl....You always knew where you stood with her, unlike the big girls blouses of Major and Cameron....And don't get me started with Blair.....
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Trump has promised to build at least 500 miles of new fencing by early next year, and his administration has completed about 110 miles so far. To meet the president’s targets, crews will need to add about 30 linear miles of barrier per month throughout 2020, more than double the current pace of construction.Nearly all of the new fencing the Trump administration has built so far is considered “replacement” fencing, swapping out smaller, older vehicle barriers for a more elaborate — and costly — “border wall system.”

The administration has been slower to build new barriers where none currently exist, primarily because those spans require the acquisition of private land. Even with the slated construction goals, most of the southern border will not have a man-made barrier.

Just yesterday, our Supreme Courts have rules that Trump cannot use the Military funds he wanted to dip into for this wall.....obviously, Mexico never gave us one penny for it, even though Trump promised in his campaign that Mexico would pay for the whole thing. Another brag he never could deliver on, but his followers still believe everything coming out of his mouth.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Trump has promised to build at least 500 miles of new fencing by early next year, and his administration has completed about 110 miles so far. To meet the president’s targets, crews will need to add about 30 linear miles of barrier per month throughout 2020, more than double the current pace of construction.Nearly all of the new fencing the Trump administration has built so far is considered “replacement” fencing, swapping out smaller, older vehicle barriers for a more elaborate — and costly — “border wall system.”

The administration has been slower to build new barriers where none currently exist, primarily because those spans require the acquisition of private land. Even with the slated construction goals, most of the southern border will not have a man-made barrier.

Just yesterday, our Supreme Courts have rules that Trump cannot use the Military funds he wanted to dip into for this wall.....obviously, Mexico never gave us one penny for it, even though Trump promised in his campaign that Mexico would pay for the whole thing. Another brag he never could deliver on, but his followers still believe everything coming out of his mouth.
Hard to meet committments when there are so many un-American interests working against you.
Right Now
upstate New York US

27-06-2020, 07:26 PM

Ohh, the poor baby! Things are just too difficult for him to work through??

Most of our former presidents had demanding issues to deal with despite not have either the House or the Senate backing their party (Trump's own party rules the Senate but still can't get resolutions passed). And yet, they didn't whine and put blame ...every single time....on former running candidates, the opposite party in past years: they dealt with the crisis, stood up and owned if they made a good or bad decision, owned the outcome. Trump won't take blame for anything....not even the drips on his shirt because he couldn't control his tongue circling his ice cream cone!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top