Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 11:15 AM

A Re-Run Of ‘Dangerfield’ On Drama Channel

The 1995 Medical series Dangerfield is being shown again on Drama channel.

It is set in the historic town of Warwick, where l lived for most of my life. Just watching it for the scenery and the historic places of interest ie. Warwick Castle, Lord Leycester Hospital plus more, makes it worth watching.

It stars handsome Nigel Le Vaillant as Dr Dangerfield, the delicious Amanda Redman and Nigel (the Cad) Havers!

I got the first few episodes on Catch Up but it is being shown on Drama channel at 4.20pm on most days.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 04:03 PM

Re: A Re-Run Of ‘Dangerfield’ On Drama Channel

Some of the locations listed on Imdb:
  • Castle Street, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK
  • Heart of England Building Society, Castle Lane, Warwickshire, England, UK (Police Station, Series 5)
  • Malt House, Hill Street, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK (Dr. Paige's house, Series 4)
  • Old Dispensary, Castle Street, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK
  • Redditch, West Midlands, England, UK (interiors)
  • Shipston Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England, UK (Dr. Paige's house, Series 1-3)
  • St. Mary's Church, Old Square, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK (Alison's wedding scenes)
  • Warwick Castle, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK
  • Warwick Hospital, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK
    (mortuary scenes)
  • Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England, UK

I'm sure that you'll spot many more .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Some of the locations listed on Imdb:
  • Castle Street, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK
  • Heart of England Building Society, Castle Lane, Warwickshire, England, UK (Police Station, Series 5)
  • Malt House, Hill Street, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK (Dr. Paige's house, Series 4)
  • Old Dispensary, Castle Street, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK
  • Redditch, West Midlands, England, UK (interiors)
  • Shipston Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England, UK (Dr. Paige's house, Series 1-3)
  • St. Mary's Church, Old Square, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK (Alison's wedding scenes)
  • Warwick Castle, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK
  • Warwick Hospital, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK
    (mortuary scenes)
  • Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England, UK

I'm sure that you'll spot many more .....
Omah, Thanks for posting the list.

The Dr’s surgery in Castle Street really was a GP practice but has since been relocated to a new build.
Just down the street from the surgery shown in the series, is Warwick Doll’s Museum, which is now closed. It may be a tea room now? The dolls have been moved to St John’s Museum which is at St John’s in Cotten End.

In the first episode, he drove his son to school which was the famous public school, Warwick School. Pupils come from all over the world to attend there as they take boarders and day pupils.

I noticed whilst Dangerfield was driving, he passed the beautiful 17th century Grade I listed windmill at Chesterton which is situated on The Fosse.

So you see, l am more interested in the sights than the storyline!
I bet you would recognise some places too?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I bet you would recognise some places too?
Only some in Warwick, more in Royal Leamington Spa (where I lived and worked) and Stratford-upon-Avon (where I worked) .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top