Join for free
Page 242 of 259 « First < 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 01:10 PM

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Some interesting facts about the soaps JB....

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...10-years-time/
An interesting article and it states that audience numbers have either remained steady or even risen over the past few years.

I'm sure that's correct, but I still believe that figures for Coronation Street (I don't watch the others) must have gone down noticeably over the past few weeks or even months.
The storylines have been becoming less interesting and especially more repetitive. The present storylines have been going on now for many weeks with no apparent progress; just the same old same old conversations, as if the scriptwriters are struggling to think up something new.

In addition, the increase in minorities of all descriptions lately has far exceeded what must be prevalent in reality. We all know why they're doing it, of course: they feel obliged to include just about every sort of person other than what in reality still exists as the great majority in this country. I have a feeling that one day we shall only see one or two token white heterosexual characters remain on The Street.

Just my own point of view, but Queer Street is becoming increasingly boring and repetitive.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
An interesting article and it states that audience numbers have either remained steady or even risen over the past few years.

I'm sure that's correct, but I still believe that figures for Coronation Street (I don't watch the others) must have gone down noticeably over the past few weeks or even months.
The storylines have been becoming less interesting and especially more repetitive. The present storylines have been going on now for many weeks with no apparent progress; just the same old same old conversations, as if the scriptwriters are struggling to think up something new.

In addition, the increase in minorities of all descriptions lately has far exceeded what must be prevalent in reality. We all know why they're doing it, of course: they feel obliged to include just about every sort of person other than what in reality still exists as the great majority in this country. I have a feeling that one day we shall only see one or two token white heterosexual characters remain on The Street.

Just my own point of view, but Queer Street is becoming increasingly boring and repetitive.
JBR the TV Soap Operas have been criticized for many years, but they still get prime television time & many people watch them.
I watch them & am occasionally critical of some story lines... but we are all getting older & times have changed, so they want to appeal to younger viewers!
We may not have gay people, or people from other races living near our homes, but many people do.... so perhaps the story lines are closer to real life than we realize.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
JBR the TV Soap Operas have been criticized for many years, but they still get prime television time & many people watch them.
I watch them & am occasionally critical of some story lines... but we are all getting older & times have changed, so they want to appeal to younger viewers!
We may not have gay people, or people from other races living near our homes, but many people do.... so perhaps the story lines are closer to real life than we realize.
True, but I think it's a matter of proportion.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:23 PM

The 3 storylines that are doing my head in ATM are the 2 that've already been mentioned plus the 1 about Kev's sister and that shyster who owns the bistro. Why would anyone in their right minds want to put up a hotel on the cobbles fgs?

Oh, and while we're talking about ethnics, why haven't we got a Chinese family running a takeaway on the street yet?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:41 PM

I understand how people feel, but they only way we will change it is by turning to another channel and watching something else.
They only care about the numbers viewing, and with lock down very few young people will be out enjoying themselves, so will watch the soaps as their parents have done for most of their lives!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-11-2020, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
The 3 storylines that are doing my head in ATM are the 2 that've already been mentioned plus the 1 about Kev's sister and that shyster who owns the bistro. Why would anyone in their right minds want to put up a hotel on the cobbles fgs?

Oh, and while we're talking about ethnics, why haven't we got a Chinese family running a takeaway on the street yet?
That's true.

We have a Chinese take-away in our village - they're not exactly uncommon - and an Indian/Pakistani (not sure which) family living opposite us. No black people, though we know some, and we have some Middle Eastern friends.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 09:25 AM

I see Billy's ward 'Summer' has returned to Corrie with a brand new face & personality.

At least she can act better than the last one!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 11:04 AM

I thought it quite strange watching a new Todd apologising to a new Summer, and neither had been in it years ago. I bet neither of them had even been watching!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 11:30 AM

I can't understand why nobody on the cobbles has spotted Summer as an imposter.....

Paul needs to go to 'Emmerdale' isn't that where all the crap actors end up? Because he's really starting to annoy me..... He can't act, he makes a poor gay bloke, and in real life someone more sophisticated like Billy is, wouldn't give him a second glance.....
And why is Daniel growing a beard? I didn't think he was old enough. I've got shoes older than him....

I hope we are not going to have to endure Peters struggle with alcoholism all over again, it's been 'Done to death'....

I hope they're not going to stretch out Oliver's departure until Christmas, somebody turn of the machine for God's sake, it's time we moved on, I think Leanne has already assured herself of a grammy award....

And......What the hell has happened to Geoff? Where is Pat Phelan when you need him....?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 01:21 PM

Paul, agree, crap actor.

Yes, Leanne, acting for England, there, and flouncing out of each scene.

Never fear, Oliver’s demise is imminent.

Ditto, Geoff.

Emma, I find her quite annoying and pointless, rather like the Goth.

Nick, pulls a lot of faces and gurns.

Carla and Adam? Oh, please! Heaven forbid Peter finds out who. But what did he hope to achieve by phoning the hotel? Has he achieved anything?

Page 242 of 259 « First < 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top