Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 01:54 AM

BT Internet customers - please read

This message is for those of you with @btinternet or @btopenworld email addresses.

Some of our members who use BT Internet emails have told us that they are not receiving our emails. They are not even going in to spam

I have emailed them but they have not replied, so can I please ask all of you with @btinternet or @btopenworld email addresses (as your email address in your control panel) to either change it to an alternative provider (such as a free address from www.gmx.co.uk) or to email BT at the following email addresses and ask why they are censoring your emails:

postmaster@btinternet.com
support@btinternet.com

Hopefully they might listen to you as they are just ignoring me if they don't resolve this issue we'll have no choice but to add those domains in our ban list.

Here is an example email you could send them:

Dear BT Support,

I am not receiving emails from a site that I use (www.over50sforum.com). They have checked their systems and their email servers are in full working order and they are not experiencing any problems with any other email provider.

Could you please stop 'censoring' emails being sent to me. I have checked my spam folder and they are not there either.

Kind regards,
Thanks, and if you receive a reply please let me know
rowser
United Kingdom Carmarthenshire
rowser is female  rowser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2016, 02:45 PM

Re: BT Internet customers - please read

I contacted postmaster as advised, this is the reply received

Hello,

Could you please let us know what error message sender is seeing in the bounce back message when trying to send mails to you ?

Postmaster at BTinternet
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2016, 04:21 PM

Are you sure it's just bt ? Been months since I got any notifications from here using hotmail.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2016, 05:19 PM

I haven't used my bt email addy, but I too haven't had anything from the forum.
Azz. why not send a blanket test email to every one.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2016, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by rowser ->
I contacted postmaster as advised, this is the reply received

Hello,

Could you please let us know what error message sender is seeing in the bounce back message when trying to send mails to you ?

Postmaster at BTinternet
Thanks Anne - have PM'd you

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Are you sure it's just bt ? Been months since I got any notifications from here using hotmail.
Hotmail/Gmail etc usually put emails from forums in the 'spam' folder. If yours are not there it might be worth contacting their support team too Julie.

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I haven't used my bt email addy, but I too haven't had anything from the forum.
Azz. why not send a blanket test email to every one.
Sending out blanket (unsolicited) emails to everyone is one way to get your domain blocked Wrinkly
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2016, 05:40 PM

I doubt that azz many forums send out Easter or Christmas messages or invites to come back and get forums restarted they don't get any problems.
rowser
United Kingdom Carmarthenshire
rowser is female  rowser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 03:27 PM

Latest reply
We can see from the bounce back/error message provided below that your email intended to a btinternet address failed due to policy reasons. So as to investigate further, could you please resend the email(not the bounce back message) to our "investigation06@btinternet.com" from the domain/email address which is unable to submit emails to btinternet addresses.
Please respond here (postmaster@btinternet.com) once you have sent that email to our "investigation06@btinternet.com" address with the subject of the email.

Note: We need you to resend that email (i.e. by keeping us in the ‘To’ field) which got failed earlier instead of forwarding them. As we are trying to find out the reason why the emails failed in the first place.

Postmaster at btinternet
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

23-03-2016, 01:06 AM

Thanks Rowser - I'll send them an email and update you if they get back to me.

Thanks for your help

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top