Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 08:35 PM

Re: Sim card providers

I'm with GiiGaff and have found the service to be excellent. Unlimited texts and phone calls plus 6Gbyte data (which I use all of time). £10 per month goodybag.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 09:15 PM

Might be as well to just check the coverage map if not already done.

https://www.giffgaff.com/coverage-checker
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Thanks to all for the the input. It is for a phone for my partner. It will only be used for phone calls, data is unimportant. I will have a think about it.
Thanks to everybody for their advice. I eventually went with Gifgaff, £6 for unlimited calls and texts. No problems so far.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:41 PM

That is all foreign languge to me I don't have a mobile phone. Sim card??? gifgaff????
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
That is all foreign languge to me I don't have a mobile phone. Sim card???
SIM = subscriber identity module or subscriber identification module. A little chip that's needed to connect a pile of microchips and other circuitry to the mobile telephone system.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:48 PM

only chips I know come with fish usually in a bag, heard of silly cone chips though
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
only chips I know come with fish usually in a bag
with copious quantities of salt and acetic acid I suppose.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Thanks to everybody for their advice. I eventually went with Gifgaff, £6 for unlimited calls and texts. No problems so far.
How long does that £6 last Scot?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
How long does that £6 last Scot?
Hi LD it is £6 a month no contract 'Pay as you go'
See below...

https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-pl...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

They 'piggy back' off the O2 network so are very reliable...
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 06:55 PM

I hope it stays that way for you Meg.
In fact it almost certainly will.

but Giffgaff doesn't work very well here on the Lincs coast in summer when the number of visitors & so connections rises.
They're at the bottom of the pile in terms of priority for those MVNO's (piggybacker if you want) of O2.

The priority seems to go O2 first (contract has priority over PAYG for all carriers), then Tesco, then giffgaff.
Now admittedly it's a few years ago now but we had to stop using Giffgaff because we too often had no connection in summer!

I'm not trying to scare you BTW, I'm sure your experience will be absolutely fine.
Just explaining my experiences.
And things change over time any way - I'm with Virgin now but they are merging with O2 next year instead of using EE's network as they do now, so I miight have problems next year.

Hey, you'll probably do better & get better reception than me!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top