Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 10:15 AM

No space on iCloud.

I have recently bought another iPad. Most of the stuff that I had on my iPhone and old iPad has been automatically copied to the new iPad.
A message tells me to backup this new iPad. But when I attempt do do so. It says that there is not enough space on iCloud to do so.
My question, is it possible to remove stuff from iCloud to make space for the new iPad?
I know that I could buy space, ( Tells me all the time) but I don’t want to do that.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 11:14 AM

Re: No space on iCloud.

Yep..same same here on my iPad mostly photographs and word files. You can save loads of stuff but if you want to access them on another device you will need iCloud ...I don’t bother. It’s just another way of getting money out of you. You can of course delete old photos, videos, files etc from your pad in order to free up space, in order to stay within the 5GB ICLOUD limit but if you have 64GB of space on your pad and you want to use it all and back it up, it’s gonna cost.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I have recently bought another iPad. Most of the stuff that I had on my iPhone and old iPad has been automatically copied to the new iPad.
A message tells me to backup this new iPad. But when I attempt do do so. It says that there is not enough space on iCloud to do so.
My question, is it possible to remove stuff from iCloud to make space for the new iPad?
I know that I could buy space, ( Tells me all the time) but I don’t want to do that.
I am not familiar with iCloud but I do use the free Dropbox service. When it becomes full I transfer the photos and/or files to another backup device like a USB HDD or a NAS then delete them from Dropbox (being sure to tell it NOT to delete the originals on my phone). Then it can upload anything new.

I bet you can do something similar on iCloud

Dropbox is just a handy way for me to transfer photos taken on my phone to my computer usually by the time I return home. It is not my backup system.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 04:05 PM

Yes with me it is mostly photos. They are all on my phone, old iPad and the new iPad. If I delete any, they are also deleted on the other devices. I don’t want to do that.
I am now wondering if I could transfer the photos to another non Apple device or even a memory stick that I could then view on the Apple devices with out them being downloaded?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 04:14 PM

I use iDiskk a memory stick... with both a lightning and usb connector, or if you are really bored and have time you could email them to yourself ...time consuming though
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 04:47 PM

You could always overflow into OneDrive cloud at zero charge.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

14-10-2020, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
You could always overflow into OneDrive cloud at zero charge.
I will go look at that.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

14-10-2020, 08:01 PM

One drive cloud is for Microsoft Windows. No mention of iPad or Apple based devices.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 10:19 PM

Yes with me it is mostly photos. They are all on my phone, old iPad and the new iPad. If I delete any, they are also deleted on the other devices. I don’t want to do that.
I am now wondering if I could transfer the photos to another non Apple device or even a memory stick that I could then view on the Apple devices with out them being downloaded?
You may find the links below of help, I run two Macs, a MacBook Pro and a 27" iMac plus an iPhone but as yet have never had to resort to making space. This is probably as I have three Apple IDs so have three times the free space allowed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...o-pc?r=US&IR=T

https://appletoolbox.com/how-to-down...s-from-icloud/
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

15-10-2020, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
You may find the links below of help, I run two Macs, a MacBook Pro and a 27" iMac plus an iPhone but as yet have never had to resort to making space. This is probably as I have three Apple IDs so have three times the free space allowed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...o-pc?r=US&IR=T

https://appletoolbox.com/how-to-down...s-from-icloud/
Thanks Baz, I will give that a try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top