Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:34 AM

Re: Dig In

Just under 10 weeks to Christmas, then thoughts of Spring will spring to mind.

I wish us all well through the rest of this year, there are more things to worry about than the weather..... most of us will not be out in it hopefully.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:07 AM

Putting the clocks back! Great news! I can go running at six in the morning in the daylight once again.....And! we get an extra hour in bed.....

PS:- Running in two days old snow is horrible Summer, we don't want none of that....Bring on 'Global Warming' I say...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 11:23 AM

Once it's time to put the clocks back, this week, I'm going to take the batteries out!

Then, six months later, I'll put the batteries back in.

Nothing will have changed!

I think Brexit & Covid will still be around, but I won't be any older!

paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 02:17 PM

I remember that winter 2010, our road is a dead end...with a turning point, we lost count of the number of drivers who got stuck at the turn, my daughter and family were here for Christmas my husband just ended up keeping the big shovel at the front door, as him and our s.i.law had to help dig them out.....But I like the snow, as long as I'm not walking or driving, if we could just order it for Christmas eve and Christmas day, that would be lovely
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 02:52 PM

Worth changing the batteries in smoke detectors. It's not just car batteries that fail as temperatures drop. We've changed the bird and assorted animal food we put out too. Much more suet and cat food for egg oggs and hazel nuts for the squirrels.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
You always have to look for the saving grace summer. Working outside, I always harp back to the winter of 2010, it went below zero early October and stayed there until January 2011, so far this year, so good, small mercies.
Oh, I remember that period well. I had to spend 6 weeks of it working in Malaysia . I only came home for 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year before going back for another 4 weeks.

If you want some snow: https://www.express.co.uk/news/weath...snow-radar-BBC
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Can't wait Spitty....bring on spring I say....blinkin hate winter
me too, this morning it was like leaving for work in the middle of the night!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I remember that winter 2010, our road is a dead end...with a turning point, we lost count of the number of drivers who got stuck at the turn, my daughter and family were here for Christmas my husband just ended up keeping the big shovel at the front door, as him and our s.i.law had to help dig them out.....But I like the snow, as long as I'm not walking or driving, if we could just order it for Christmas eve and Christmas day, that would be lovely
I was still delivering the post in that winter paula (still in my shorts too) and I was delivering to 'Firms and Farms' I had to dig the van out twice.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:52 PM

I had a bad fall on a concrete driveway back then, closest I have come to Hospitalization.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-10-2020, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I had a bad fall on a concrete driveway back then, closest I have come to Hospitalization.
I also had a fall then Spitty.....
I was delivering the post on foot in the snow, I ran over one of those wire circles you get on wheel hub caps. I went down heavy, still clutching my bundle of letters...It knocked the wind out me and it took several minutes before I could assess the damage. Fortunately I was good to finish my walk, after checking round to make sure I wasn't going to appear on 'You've been framed'.....

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top