Join for free
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 01:42 PM

Re: Boris, You REALLY ARE The Weakest Link.

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Saying that, other news is reporting no progress at all - so I still think that the result of the USA elections are the real reason why we are seeing so little lack of progress and conflicting reports in the media.

Nigel can do no more he had predicted this, stymied in his efforts, views now vindicated.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 03:11 PM

Hi

No Official comments from either side, it is a wait and see.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 03:46 PM

IIRC Frosty offered Barnier a 3-yr deal on fisheries a few weeks ago, which was summarily rejected by Barnier. Now they've "agreed" a 1yr deal? WTF? Me no understand.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
IIRC Frosty offered Barnier a 3-yr deal on fisheries a few weeks ago, which was summarily rejected by Barnier. Now they've "agreed" a 1yr deal? WTF? Me no understand.
Playing for time I think.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 04:32 PM

I think that by now you all know my scepticism; you may be right to worry about Boris but I don't think so.

Here's todays latest:

“We are continuing to work hard throughout this intensive period of talks to seek to bridge the significant gaps that still remain between our positions in the most difficult areas,”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...KBN27I1M1?il=0
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I think that by now you all know my scepticism; you may be right to worry about Boris but I don't think so.

Here's todays latest:

“We are continuing to work hard throughout this intensive period of talks to seek to bridge the significant gaps that still remain between our positions in the most difficult areas,”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...KBN27I1M1?il=0
Sounds like a civil engineering report Zaphod ??
Go into a tunnel to build a bridge to close the gaps between us???
Perhaps they are not negotiators at all?

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Can you give a link to that 1yrdeal Percy?
I must have missed it!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I must have missed it!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Oh it was out there early October, I too remember that so here's one link:
" ... fishing is now the most difficult negotiating issue but signalled a futher compromise whereby quota numbers could be agreed on a multi-year basis rather than annually, giving European fishermen dependent on UK waters more certainty."

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/brex...ate-aid-685670
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I must have missed it!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I could have sworn I read it in the DE's daily Brexit update this morning but I can't find it now:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-talks-no-deal
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 05:43 PM

I remain, and always will remain, against any continued connection with the EU.

However, I am becoming rather bored and fed up with these discussions now and have resigned myself to the possibility of Boris letting us down at the last minute, as so many have predicted.

To be honest, it is unlikely to affect me personally. If the EU continue to over-fish our waters, if they continue to dictate what we can do with our own laws and businesses, things will no doubt slowly get even worse for the country - but I don't think they can affect me and Marge very much at our age and with no issue. We'll just carry on as we always have done.

Let Boris hand over the country to a foreign conquering power, if that's what he wants.

It would be a great shame, though, that after a thousand years of independence AND having sacrificed the lives of our fighting men in two world wars in order to maintain that independence, all of that may well turn out to have been for nothing.

The only consolation, of course, would be that no-one has actually conquered us as such. Rather, we shall have been betrayed by our own weak leaders.

Sorry to paint such a sad picture. It is still possible that things might go the right way, of course, and we shall know soon enough.

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top