Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 09:19 PM

Re: My Computer 'Godsend'

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
On my keyboard the "Print Screen" key is next to the F12 key and it works.

Mine is top right second in. I always wondered what it was for.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 10:28 PM

Yep, I use 'prt sc' all the time for catching things off the internet, pasting them in 'Paint Shop Pro' and editing out the bits I don't want.....Or modifying the image.

I've just checked and it will also paste onto microsoft word.....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 10:23 AM

There are some good programs available dedicated to screen capture. One I mentioned a while ago is PicPick. I've used it on an off for years. Good because it is an image editor in itself but it includes built-in ways to capture various regions of the screen, resize the capture, easily add arrows, borders, text ..lots of things. When PicPick is running, pressing 'Print Screen' automatically opens the capture in the program.

I don't often use it personally because I'm happy to use 'Print Screen' and a separate image editor but if looking for a capture program that has everything necessary in one place, PicPick is good in my opinion. A criticism might be that it does too much and so is a bit off-putting at first glance.

https://picpick.app/en/

Free and paid versions available.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
../REVO UNINSTALL...
A good uninstaller. The best according to some write-ups. Popular competition is 'IObit Uninstaller' and 'Geek Uninstaller.'

I've got the paid version of Revo on one computer and the free version of Geek on another. Both do the job.

The paid versions of uninstallers are better because they monitor the changes being made to the computer while a program is being installed. That means when it uninstalls a program it monitored, it can better return the computer to how it was before that program's installation.

The free versions work well though.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top