Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 08:41 PM

Sky box planner rebuild

I have a Sky+ HD box which won’t record, or play recordings. I tried switching the box off and rebooting, but Google suggests doing a planner rebuild.

Has anyone ever done this successfully? I have about 73% worth of recordings on the box and don’t want to lose them, but the box is quite old!

I don’t want to upgrade to Q.
Thanks.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 09:01 PM

Re: Sky box planner rebuild

False alarm! Working okay now. Downloading a prog from earlier and have set Corrie to record. Phew.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 09:02 PM

Yes, I've done it a few times for the same reason. It doesn't delete recordings.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

10-11-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Yes, I've done it a few times for the same reason. It doesn't delete recordings.
That's good to know, Ray. Thanks. It righted itself last night. I took the plug out the back and after awhile was able to use the planner and then catch up, and record. It said the box was initialising so maybe it had had software download/updating.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top