Join for free
Page 3 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 10:32 PM

Re: Foxy's Latest Project.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Electronics, I once new a Wizard who could repair anything electronic, but, his self restricted him, just for ego, (or something to occupy the mind) he repaired stuff for folks FOC. That is stupid in the rationale extreme, but was rational in context..
I was that soldier Spitty (to coin a phrase).....
I used to arrive home from work and there would be a telly or radio on the step for me to repair...I would accept the folding stuff or a packet of fags for my trouble though...
In the end I was spending all my free time mending stuff instead of inventing stuff, so I packed it in.....Now I can build what I like because I don't do digital (computers and such) and when it's broke today, it usually stays broke....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Thanks Foxy. I'll dig up what I can in the shed tomorrow.
You're a star Besoeker..... I've always thought that you and me had a lot to talk about.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-11-2020, 10:44 PM

Right! On with the show......
There was this drawing on the net that appears to offer a much better version of a metal detector, and that will be the basis for this project. Because the circuit uses a different approach to the BFO detectors I have built in the past (even the ones that worked...) it also uses a couple of IC's (Integrated Circuits) which will probably make it easier to construct and less chance of errors.
I have posted the drawing on it's side to get it all in without screwing it up and making it unreadable. It will probably be quite familiar to Besoeker.... Enjoy......

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 11:02 PM

Well done Bob, so you’re not just a pretty pair of fast legs.

Enjoy doing it and the best of luck, who knows there might be gold in them thar Yorkshire hills.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Never mind Foxy's electronics, S.T., how's the ghost story coming on?
Spookily!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 04:51 AM

I laughed and laughed at The Detectorists but I still wonder how many of those holes it took to fill the Albert Hall.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 09:15 AM

Wishing you success with the project OGF.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I couldn't help noticing all the unused holes in your circuit board, Foxy. It seems such a waste. Can't you think of anything to stick in some of them?
Matchsticks ... and I'll challenge you in a game of cribbage.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 09:52 AM

That circuit board looks fab foxy.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 10:16 AM

Too complex for me Bob, I'm pretty handy at most things but electronics really are the black art. Good luck with the project though, and I look
forward to seeing the finished product.

Page 3 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top