Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2012, 04:52 PM

Re: Life without the internet (for now!)

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Sue, it's a shame you won't online here so often, we will miss you

Maybe you could keep a notebook of all your news to tell us for when you are able to get online.
Oh, I can't stay away long - I've been on once a day at least! The library has a branch one block away and it's quite comfy there if I don't feel like driving to the coffee shop.

I'm not in a rush to get service at the house again. I imagine our hydro bill could go down drastically without the OH's teens being on their computers so often.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 08:40 AM

"Life without the Internet" is there such a thing?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
"Life without the Internet" is there such a thing?
Yes Bruce ...and I would call it punishment!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 01:21 PM

I do go online at the library and at coffee shops with wi-fi but I limit the time to an hour now and use it more efficiently.

We no longer have 4 computers connected all day and night at the house and I was right about the hydro bill. It's dropped by 23%!

My OH's 16 yr old son was lamenting the other day that he has nothing to do but twiddle his thumbs because he has no internet, and his dad took away his X-Box and cellphone when he missed a curfew. His sister watches DVDs in her room and sleeps when she's bored.

There are shelves and shelves of books in the house... but teens don't seem to read much, do they?
clifmaurice76
New Member!
Maryland, US
clifmaurice76 is male 

03-12-2020, 07:53 PM

I have comcast and the cost keeps going up every few months. I only get broadcast channels, no cable channels and the slowest internet. It is going up to over $100 a month. I cannot pickup any channels on an antenna. Fios is not available here and we cannot have satellite dishes in my complex. Comcast is the biggest rip off!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 08:02 PM

I do BT.

There's probably something better but, there always is.

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 01:02 PM

I don't think I could dispense with the Internet for e-mail, online shopping and searching but maybe could for all else.

Edit: Further thought. That's not doing life without the Internet though is it? I suppose the answer in 'No' then.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 01:13 PM

Blimey that took a while. Obviously Annie Jack never got reconnected.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Blimey that took a while. Obviously Annie Jack never got reconnected.

It's only taken 8 years, Dongle.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's only taken 8 years, Dongle.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top