Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 07:27 PM

Keeping Faith

A little preamble.

First shown on The BBC Welsh channel last year but in Welsh but with no sub titles not like they did with Hinterland

I was brought up in Rhyl but was English and they tried to teach me their Language do remember some words and its a poetic language and lovely to listern to, but don't remember most of it.

Tried watching it Welsh but gave up no sub titles

Just started on BBC. with the English version if you watch there lip movements the words are in English in the Welsh version the Words are in Welsh.

Ever scene was shot twice once in Welsh and once in English.

It looks interesting but the first English Ep is a bit boring.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 07:47 PM

Re: Keeping Faith

I enjoyed the first episode of Keeping Faith. It was called "Un Bore Mercher"(One Wednesday Morning)when it was shown on S4C. I didn't watch then even though I speak Welsh,can't remember why I didn't watch it then.Eve Myles is a good actress.
Lovely views over the Laugharne estuary.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
I enjoyed the first episode of Keeping Faith. It was called "Un Bore Mercher"(One Wednesday Morning)when it was shown on S4C. I didn't watch then even though I speak Welsh,can't remember why I didn't watch it then.Eve Myles is a good actress.
Wow, you speak Welsh? I love languages and their relationship to each other. Having heard the beautiful Gaelic tongues, they sound like languages not related to anything European. But they are really cool. Especially when women speak it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Did wonder were it was filmed looks a bit like Norfolk.

Second EP was very slow again.

Her eldest daughter is a rather good actor.

Hope in the next EPs Faith stops walking around in High Heels at 9am
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Spoiler ...

Anyone still watching this ?
I watched 5 episodes last night back to back ,its really being dragged out but im still watching to see if he turns up alive , I think he is dead ,how can he not answer those pleading phone calls from his wife ..
And who's going to turn out to be his father , is that just a red herring , ,wheres all the money been going ,? ive still got a couple of episodes to watch , so im hoping for some answers..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 07:26 AM

watched the last episode of this last night , so much happened in this last one ,as to who was corrupt ,wasnt expecting the last ten minutes.
Is there another series to follow ,probably is ...
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

06-04-2018, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
watched the last episode of this last night , so much happened in this last one ,as to who was corrupt ,wasnt expecting the last ten minutes.
Have been watching on I player and as it was so bad had to turn off and watch the next ten minutes next day.

Nothing wrong with the acting, its was just the scripts very badly written.

Think what I need to do is try to watch every ep from start to finish.

Still love Hinterland.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

06-04-2018, 04:41 PM

The story did lose me a bit in this last one .And im undecided about the husband that went missing , I might watch the last episode again .
Lots to make another episode out of though ..

Not watched Hinterland ..
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

08-04-2018, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->

Just watched the last EP think they are hoping for a follow up series.

Don't think there will be one as the whole series was poor

To drawn out and to padded plus bad writing but very good acting.

Try to watch Hinterland for good writing and great scenery and good story lines.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 05:08 PM

I also found the last episode confusing.
Have watched Hinterland(Y Gwyll) in both Welsh and English and it is well worth watching.Love Richard Harrington.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top