Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 06:27 PM

Re: A U-turn by Barnier ?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Every so called U Turn by the EU is done to protect their industries and interests in the immediate aftermath of a No Deal.

They are not giving an inch on anything significant.

They shouldn't be in that position in the first place.

Shows how inept they are at making trade deals.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 06:29 PM

Hi

Every so called U Turn by the EU is done to protect their industries and interests in the immediate aftermath of a No Deal.

They are not giving an inch on anything significant.
At it's heart the EU is still a trade organisation, with negotiators that have just one objective, the best for their own. Wether that "own" consists of 28 or 27 members is a totally irrelevant issue.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
They shouldn't be in that position in the first place.

Shows how inept they are at making trade deals.
Trade deals EU : trade deals UK

40 : 0
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

Solasch, you have made it clear that your desire to keep us in the EU, is to benefit workers in your own country, but never explained why you think that benefit should be provided by people of the UK!
The more you demonstrate that EU countries want us to remain, the more we believe that we are wise to get out.

I have to say that reading your posts makes me even more determined to leave..... even in the remote chance of another referendum!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Solasch, you have made it clear that your desire to keep us in the EU, is to benefit workers in your own country, but never explained why you think that benefit should be provided by people of the UK!
The more you demonstrate that EU countries want us to remain, the more we believe that we are wise to get out.

I have to say that reading your posts makes me even more determined to leave..... even in the remote chance of another referendum!
Well considering the uk as a member of the EU ISNT ALLOWED TO ENTER INTO TRADE DEALS..... doh !!!!!

But let’s not forget there are three in this marriage .... the uk ... the other European nations ...AND THE EU , the unelected political machine .

As the clock ticks down to no deal we are now seeing German car workers facing closure... hundreds of small factories right across Europe seeing THEIR BIGGEST CUSTOMER leave .... and so now we are getting down to the realities and they are starting to ask their governments to keep a deal FOR THEIR SAKE !!!!

The Eu is being pressured from the nations , now without saying I told you so ( but every leaver did say this two years ago ..... simply leave leave leave and THEY WILL COME SEEKING A DEAL !!!!!! ) we are now starting to see what ...oh I’m trying to think of a catchy little phrase ... erm ... got it ...

NO DEAL IS BETTER THAN A BAD DEAL MR BARMY’EH
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 07:31 PM

Hi

The EU has offered us a deal.

The standard WTO Free Trade Deal, the one they have just got with Japan, South Korea and Canada.

We have refused it.

I would like to know why.

It is the same type of Deal we are hoping to arrange with Non EU Countries.

No payments, no Free Movement and no ECJ.

It would mean that our existing manufacturing and agriculture Trade would continue without Tariffs.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 07:37 PM

That's because as a member state we cannot make them ourselves. It's one reason why we are leaving....

40 deals in 40 years is pathetic. About half of them are with countries nobody has ever heard of.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

25-01-2019, 07:37 PM

Hi

The EU has offered us a deal.

The standard WTO Free Trade Deal, the one they have just got with Japan, South Korea and Canada.

We have refused it.

I would like to know why.

It is the same type of Deal we are hoping to arrange with Non EU Countries.

No payments, no Free Movement and no ECJ.

It would mean that our existing manufacturing and agriculture Trade would continue without Tariffs.
It doesn't include Ireland.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 07:57 PM

And it doesn't really take us out of the EU. #Fakefudgedeal
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 08:00 PM

At it's heart the EU is still a trade organisation
lol

I fairly spat my tea out laughing at that one. It gets my vote for comedy post of 2019. It's unlikely to be beaten.

The Federal States of the EU, a trade organisation !!!!

Hillarious

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top