Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 06:52 PM

Someone spoke to me on the bus

I don’t know what it’s like in other Countries but UK cities speaking to some on the bus tends to be a No No, especially if they give no indication of wanting to make conversation, so there I was sitting upstairs on the bus home minding my own business, bus crawling along in the rush hour traffic, I was insulated from any social contact with my headphones in and music on, I might as well have had a Do Not Disturb post it note attached to my forehead, as we were crawling past the graveyard the bloke in front turned around pointed to the grave yard and mouthed something with an excited look on his face, now given he had broke all know public transport protocols here, I was at least expecting to see a number of Zombies clawing their way out of the graves in the graveyard, but no, it was a grey squirrel running around the graveyard , now grey squirrels are so common here they are treat as vermin having ousted their nicer Red cousins, anyway so as not to hurt his feelings I had to then fake interest and excitement at this squirrel which had other people on the bus looking at me like I was some saddo who must never get out...
oh the joys of Public Transport....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 06:58 PM

Re: Someone spoke to me on the bus

Miserable sod.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Miserable sod.
Guilty as charged but really a squirrel
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Guilty as charged but really a squirrel
I know but that might be you one day, forcing your ramblings onto unsuspecting members of the public. You might start talking about chips or donuts.
DWebb
North East, UK

31-01-2019, 07:08 PM

I know but that might be you one day, forcing your ramblings onto unsuspecting members of the public. You might start talking about chips or donuts.
To be honest I did feel a twinge of guilt as not finding it as exciting as he did
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-01-2019, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
To be honest I did feel a twinge of guilt as not finding it as exciting as he did
I hate to think what I will be blurting out one day.
DWebb
North East, UK

31-01-2019, 07:12 PM

I hate to think what I will be blurting out one day.
And me I might be imagining pandas in the graveyard
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 07:23 PM

I would have joined in with him as I always look out for wildlife, would probably have pointed out to him any birds there also. I don't use ear phones or listen to music or play with a mobile phone on a bus anyway and I often chat to fellow travelers on a bus.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 07:24 PM

I get people telling me their life story on the bus and you can’t get a word in edgeways!
One woman, a stranger stopped to talk to me at a bus stop in her home town. She was midstream in telling me her story that when my bus came she said she’d come with me! She sat by me on the bus and rattled non stop for the whole 50 minute journey.
When l get off the bus, she did too. She said goodbye, walked across the road and caught a bus to take her back home again!
I was exhausted!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I get people telling me their life story on the bus and you can’t get a word in edgeways!
One woman, a stranger stopped to talk to me at a bus stop in her home town. She was midstream in telling me her story that when my bus came she said she’d come with me! She sat by me on the bus and rattled non stop for the whole 50 minute journey.
When l get off the bus, she did too. She said goodbye, walked across the road and caught a bus to take her back home again!
I was exhausted!

So you've met Sweetie Pie

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top