Join for free
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 04:54 PM

Take it back?

Do you often buy something, change your mind when you get home, then have to take it all the way back again.

I am a big time shopper. I go to hospital for an appt and drop in to the gift shop and spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars, easy.

I never return to the gift shop tho, as they have volunteers working there and the money goes to good causes in the hospital.

Last year I bought three carpets and never took any of them back, but kept buying another one.

I just bought another carpet and it is still in the roll.

I think "shopping" makes me feel good.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 05:18 PM

Re: Take it back?

I bought a DVD only to find I already had one, so took it back & got a refund. I bought another different one in the shop after. That's the only item I've returned.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 05:24 PM

I have only ever taken something back if it is faulty.

Wouldn't dream of returning something just because I'd gone off it.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 06:01 PM

I couldn't afford to do that Blue.

I don't normally change my mind when I buy something and if its clothes I always try them on in the shop.

I make sure what i'm buying is what I want.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I couldn't afford to do that Blue.

I don't normally change my mind when I buy something and if its clothes I always try them on in the shop.

I make sure what i'm buying is what I want.
Most of my life I couldn't "afford" it either Suspie, but it seems my Senior Years are much better and allow me to spand a bit.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have only ever taken something back if it is faulty.

Wouldn't dream of returning something just because I'd gone off it.
This ^^^^^^^
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Do you often buy something, change your mind when you get home, then have to take it all the way back again.

I am a big time shopper. I go to hospital for an appt and drop in to the gift shop and spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars, easy.

I never return to the gift shop tho, as they have volunteers working there and the money goes to good causes in the hospital.

Last year I bought three carpets and never took any of them back, but kept buying another one.

I just bought another carpet and it is still in the roll.

I think "shopping" makes me feel good.
I thought that is what all women do, the little buzz of the buying then the treck thing to take it back.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:34 PM

Don't know why but the talk of taking things back reminded me of this classic Python sketch:

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

01-02-2019, 03:25 PM

Oh I love this guy Monty Python Realist.
Very funny, thanks for posting it. hahahaha.

In Canada, we really enjoy UK humour because it is the way they say it, along with the humour. When I first joined this forum, I was laughing every day and couldn't put my laptop down as I wanted to see what the funny ones from the forum were saying now, but it is much better by video, so you can hear them. I know this Monty Python has a lot of albums as I used to hunt them down.....

thank you Realist

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top