Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 02:40 PM

Re: Private Number Plates

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I love it when they spend a lot on these number plates and you can't even make out what they are supposed to say. It feeds the driver's ego I guess!

The letters on mine read HUK, just missing an 'L' before the K. Entirely coincidental of course!
Is it a green car?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 02:56 PM

I would love a personalised plate, if only because it was short and easy to remember. Mine is an abstract jumble of letters and numbers. When I'm asked for my registration number, I have to think for a while, even though it's been mine for 12 years. The other day I was asked for it, but gave my Postcode instead! Help me!!!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Is it a green car?
Lol! No, but the driver is sometimes
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 03:40 PM

I have had so many cars in the past that I have never been interested in a personalised number plate.
I just make up my own description of the plates.
On one of my cabs was KUC, so I called it the ‘Flying turd’ (British Leyland blue 2.5 Diesel engine). Another was PUU, that was the ‘constipated poo’. Well it was a slow puller until I fitted a new fuel pump.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 04:49 PM

I have a personalised plate, S19 AGP, the last three digits are the initials of my name,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 06:34 PM

oh, if they were clever enough, they would have known!
Being clever, without being ostentatious about it!

I have a personal number plate, and yes, I call it my little bit of whimsy!
The joy is, though, that unless you were to know me, you'd not realise it was a personal plate!

I got it from the DVLA about 15 years ago, and it was in their cheap de cheap pile, and only cost £125!

I love reading numberplates, and if some give me a giggle, all to the good! There are some stonking ones out there!

I just love that!
A quick search found them online

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 06:36 PM

My first number plate started with OLD.... Maybe I should have saved it for later.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A quick search found them online

I do hope they belong to Shakespearean actors!
Pyxell
South of England

06-06-2019, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My first number plate started with OLD.... Maybe I should have saved it for later.
It begs the questions as to what the next three might have been!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-06-2019, 06:49 PM

It begs the questions as to what the next three might have been!
GIT would have been a good one...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top