Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:29 PM

Have you got a pedometer or health app?

I noticed about a year ago that my phone was recording my steps automatically!
So I started using the samsung health app occasionally.
The only thing it can't record is my swimming times of course, although I could enter them manually if I wanted to.

Today I measured my resting heartbeat which seemed good and my stress levels which again, seemed good.
The only thing I wondered was.. alongside the stress level there's an "oxygen saturation" level which recorded 95%!
Shouldn't it be a 100%???

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190616-181907_Samsung Health.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	9875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190616-181932_Samsung Health.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	9876  
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:33 PM

Re: Have you got a pedometer or health app?

Someone I once knew had one, but soon relegated it to the drawer.

The next time she looked at it, it said "Things aren't going very well, are they?"

Fancy being told off by an app!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Someone I once knew had one, but soon relegated it to the drawer.

The next time she looked at it, it said "Things aren't going very well, are they?"

Fancy being told off by an app!
Ha! That's so funny!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:46 PM

I have a fitbit but I havent used it for ages, I forgot about it actually but I used to use it a lot.

I use an app called MyFitnessPal, it's an excellent app for keeping track of what I eat, nutrition, calories and it also tracks exercise and works out how many calories you burn etc, probably not spot on but the diet part works brilliantly for me.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

16-06-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I have a fitbit but I havent used it for ages, I forgot about it actually but I used to use it a lot.

I use an app called MyFitnessPal, it's an excellent app for keeping track of what I eat, nutrition, calories and it also tracks exercise and works out how many calories you burn etc, probably not spot on but the diet part works brilliantly for me.
But you manage ok without it too then LQs?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
But you manage ok without it too then LQs?
Yes, I used the fitbit more when I was on a very strict health and fitness regime to lose weight. I've lost a load of weight and not bothered about losing too much more so I've eased off.

I exercise regularly like swimming but I am not as strict with my diet as I was as I am now on maintenance. I do however eat a very nutritious and well balanced diet with the occasional treat

I keep an eye though with myfitnesspal and I'm managing to maintain xx
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 07:31 PM

If I found my phone had been secretly recording my steps it would be thrown into the nearest swimming pool at the next opportunity!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 08:34 PM

I do have one that I bought, but not used it this year, you clip it on to your trousers or skirt to count your steps and I used to do 1,000 steps no problem, I don't know whether I can now though.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 09:00 PM

I have a Fitbit charge 2 which I wear 24/7. Wearing it does encourage me to walk more and try to get more sleep.
I think that as long as one realises that they are not completely accurate they are a good thing ����
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 10:51 PM

I bought a cheap version of the 'fitbit' - it was on a silicon strap. I have a cat with a silicon fetish, who also loves techy things. Haven't seen the fitbit for about 6 months now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top