Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 08:17 PM

Re: Wimbeldon....

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I felt the same Cinders and Rhosyn
And I felt like it might be Federers last shot at it too.

It's a shame that such a match ended on a forced error rather than a brilliant stroke as well
I thought Federer was finally showing his age this evening, he looked really tired at one point.

I had to turn off after Djok won, couldn't bear to watch all that crowd rousing stuff he does with his arms.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 08:21 PM

A brilliant match, it could have gone either way in the last set.

I'm wondering if we will see Federer at Wimbledon again. Todays match took it out of him especially after the excellent 5 set match he had with Nadal a couple of days ago.

Both players deserved to win.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
A brilliant match, it could have gone either way in the last set.

I'm wondering if we will see Federer at Wimbledon again. Todays match took it out of him especially after the excellent 5 set match he had with Nadal a couple of days ago.

Both players deserved to win.

What I find really interesting about the scoring in tennis is that they can play for hours yet still be as equal as when they started.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What I find really interesting about the scoring in tennis is that they can play for hours yet still be as equal as when they started.
That's true, it's as if the loser has played 5 hours solid tennis for next to nothing
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-07-2019, 08:33 PM

That's true, it's as if the loser has played 5 hours solid tennis for next to nothing
I know, we said exactly that. Mind you with over a hundred million in prize money, i don't suppose they are too bothered.

Andrew castle said it's not about the money any more but i wonder if they would play Wimbledon for nothing? Just a thought.

Did any one have subtitles on? At one point it said 'Djokovic is looking up at his buttocks thinking why did you do that?'
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

14-07-2019, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I know, we said exactly that. Mind you with over a hundred million in prize money, i don't suppose they are too bothered.

Andrew castle said it's not about the money any more but i wonder if they would play Wimbledon for nothing? Just a thought.

Did any one have subtitles on? At one point it said 'Djokovic is looking up at his buttocks thinking why did you do that?'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-07-2019, 08:39 PM

It corrected the word to box which seemed just as funny tbh.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 09:36 PM

A long gruelling match well played by both finalists. Can't imagine primadonna footballers playing for such a long time can you?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

14-07-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A long gruelling match well played by both finalists. Can't imagine primadonna footballers playing for such a long time can you?
90 minutes and footballers are tired out, poor lads!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top