Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 11:37 AM

Blade Runner - advice needed, please.

Just looked this up - because so many of you said it was good - only to find there are now seven versions of it.

From Wiki:-
Seven versions of Blade Runner exist as a result of controversial changes requested by studio executives. A director's cut was released in 1992 after a strong response to test screenings of a workprint. This, in conjunction with the film's popularity as a video rental, made it one of the earliest movies to be released on DVD. In 2007, Warner Bros. released The Final Cut, a 25th-anniversary digitally remastered version; the only version over which Scott retained artistic control.
Which version should I look for?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 11:58 AM

Re: Blade Runner - advice needed, please.

The original blade runner movie had Harrison Ford's character Deckard doing a voice over in the background describing what was going on similar to the noir detective style movies of the 1940s. The director Ridley Scott didn't like this when it was released because it didn't follow his vision so a later one was released without the back track.

Later editions included bits that were cut out in the first movie this is the so-called editor's cut.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 12:14 PM

I like Ridley Scott's Director's Cut (1992, 116 minutes) ..... but Scott's The Final Cut (2007, 117 minutes) is "glossier" and would be excellent on a big screen .....
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 01:30 PM

SilverTabby I don’t think too many females would rave over Bladerunner ,maybe because it’s science fiction based on Philip K Dick’s story , Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep . It requires a lot of concentration.
I liked the original.
I think you said you don’t own a tv ? What will you be viewing it on ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
SilverTabby I don’t think too many females would rave over Bladerunner ,maybe because it’s science fiction based on Philip K Dick’s story , Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep . It requires a lot of concentration.
I hope you are not suggesting that females can't concentrate?

I liked the original.
Judd says there is background narration in that one - not keen on that idea, even if it is Harrison Ford.

I think you said you don’t own a tv ? What will you be viewing it on ?
I watch things on a DVD player with a 34" monitor screen.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

25-07-2019, 02:54 PM

Thank you all for your help - will just nip over to Amazon and order 'the final cut' version - it sounds good.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thank you all for your help - will just nip over to Amazon and order 'the final cut' version - it sounds good.
You'll then need to see the sequel......
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

25-07-2019, 06:39 PM

Sequel, Fender? No one said anything about sequels.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sequel, Fender? No one said anything about sequels.
Yep and it's quite good. Blade runner 2049
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

26-07-2019, 08:19 AM

Well - have just ordered the 'final cut' version - will see how that goes before looking for sequels! It arrives on 31st - am looking forward to watching it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top