Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 09:23 AM

Liars

What are there so many liars about ?
Fake news fanatasists call them what you like they are liars.
We have women accusing men of rape .
Nutters inventing lies about elderly and long dead men .
Even clowns appearing on cruise ships .
I mean we expect politician to lie but everyone else ?
Do they all want their five minutes of fame or is it something in the water ?

Don't people know what the truth is today ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:25 AM

Re: Liars

Sadly a lot of people have so little happening in their lives they have to invent - where they have been, what they have done, what they have seen, who they know etc., They repeat their stories so often that they actually come to believe them. What is worse - they imagine that the rest of us are thick enough to believe them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:29 AM

Having brought children up to always tell the truth even if they have done wrong so we can talk about why it is wrong I was quite surprised to hear 'a child expert' on the radio the other day stating that lying in a child can be a positive thing and a milestone in their development because it demonstrates they are able to analyse a situation and possible outcomes

Another thing to consider is people see the truth from their own perspective which may differ from that of others.

What does annoy me and something which happens frequently these days is media interviewers 'creating a truth' where none existed.
An interviewer will ask an interviewee a question and gradually manipulate the response until it becomes a reply with which they are satisfied. Then it will be quoted endlessly over the coming days as something which was originally stated by the interviewee when it could well be somthing they had never considered.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

We have always had the above (but not sure where the clowns come into your argument ) I think because we now have the internet, bigger media coverage so we find out a lot more now .Remember years back the only news we got was through the news papers and the BBC biggest liars of all. It might be we now get bombarded and its all out there the cheats, the frauds, the liars
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:55 AM

I take 'em all with a pinch of salt...especially Those on Social Sites!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 11:07 AM

I agree with you Muddy! I have always believed that if somebody can't be honest, it is wise to question everything they say.
There were always liars, but the internet exposes us to thousands more, and many naive people believe them. I have a vision of future life where everybody communicates via a screen & we are all kept in small apartments, so rarely see other humans and maybe no other lifeforms.
I have had this idea for more that 20 years, and over that time I have seen that vision becoming more likely to happen. I am just glad I wouldn't be here to see it completed.
Lies by our superiors will control us....so perhaps books like 1984 may actually happen!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

The first question posed is probably answered by the last, I believe. Another poster on this thread says she brought children up not to lie, even if they had done wrong, so that it could be spoken about. That was also how I was brought up and I believe lacking that in one's upbringing is one of the problems today – many youngsters are not brought up that way. People who are untruthful have seen these days, or so it seems, that anything goes, people can do and say what they like so that is often what they do. It doesn't matter to them as there is very often no punishment. Doing wrong in minor ways or lying nowadays is no longer seen as wrong, it's become 'socially acceptable' so it happens.

In society today there is, it seems, so much out and out lying. So many people who are known to have lied, and worse who 'get away with it' as there are no consequences. We all see this and anyone without the basic upbringing that it's wrong will possibly then go along with it. That I believe is how good behaviour, personal standards and principles are eroded – extremely slowly and over time until they become lost.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 11:54 AM

It's true there are no consequences
The fantasist who invented the MP peodophile ring thing had already got £22k compensation ffor ( allegedly) being abused by Jimmy Saville .
Where does this money come from ?
Has he been obliged to give it back ?

Ditto the Grenfell tragedy
Loads of liars were exposed having falsely got loads of compensation.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:02 PM

Saville was definitely a paedophile, possibly the worst ever, that has been proved beyond doubt, it is a great pity that evil piece of scum wasn't brought to justice before he kicked the bucket. Everyone who has been abused should report it even if the person who has abused them is a celeb.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
saville was definitely a paedophile, possibly the worst ever, that has been proved beyond doubt, it is a great pity that evil piece of scum wasn't brought to justice before he kicked the bucket. Everyone who has been abused should report it even if the person who has abused them is a celeb.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top