Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:44 AM

Re: 'Brexit Diet'

I doubt very much we will have shortages, at the moment we can't get cauliflowers because of the weather being wrong for them, we eat two a week and we have just replaced our cauliflower meals with broccoli and other vegetables. If anything I think they will source from other areas if EU get too silly about things.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:01 AM

True Julie, They will be cutting off their nose to spite their face and no doubt end up with cauliflower mountains as they did with their foodstuff mountains such as the butter mountain which cost taxpayers £236m. Nice!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:39 PM

Hi

Some misconceptions here.

When we leave we set the Import tariffs on foods etc, not the EU.

We have already published our Tariff Schedules.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
My neighbour is a Seth Efirkan and we don't get on.
Due to your attitude to blacks? Too matey?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Some misconceptions here.

When we leave we set the Import tariffs on foods etc, not the EU.

We have already published our Tariff Schedules.
A letter sent today by Mr MacNeil to the new Secretary of State, Elizabeth Truss MP, highlights that the Government has only outlined the impact of maximum tariffs (set out in undertakings that it has given to the World Trade Organization). It has not detailed the impact of the actual tariffs which it intends to implement under its*temporary tariff regime in case of a no-deal Brexit(which was published in March). The letter calls upon Ms Truss to explain why the Government has chosen to omit this crucial information, to confirm if the full information will be given in future, and asks whether the impact assessments so far submitted to Parliament will be revised to include reference to the no-deal tariff.
https://www.parliament.uk/business/c...u-trade-17-19/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
A letter sent today by Mr MacNeil to the new Secretary of State, Elizabeth Truss MP, highlights that the Government has only outlined the impact of maximum tariffs (set out in undertakings that it has given to the World Trade Organization). It has not detailed the impact of the actual tariffs which it intends to implement under its*temporary tariff regime in case of a no-deal Brexit(which was published in March). The letter calls upon Ms Truss to explain why the Government has chosen to omit this crucial information, to confirm if the full information will be given in future, and asks whether the impact assessments so far submitted to Parliament will be revised to include reference to the no-deal tariff.
https://www.parliament.uk/business/c...u-trade-17-19/

UK tarrifs will apply to the whole world not just the EU.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:52 PM

I was watching the climate emergency special on ch5 news yesterday and I do wonder if we will end up with problems anyway not just due to to Brexit but to extreme weather.

Which year was it there was no salad on supermarket shelves or something because Spain, etc were all getting heavy snowstorms? So many incidents lately like tornado's, Earthquake's, volcano's erupting and (lava) destroying everything in its path, really heavy flooding in places ruining crops and foods in shops/warehouses.

Even in UK where our weather is usually 'quite mild & predictable' its getting weirder every year!

I'm just praying the worlds cocoa beans don't get wiped out by a freak tsunami or something!! I can't get through the menopause without chocolate!!!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Due to your attitude to blacks? Too matey?

Maybe just the opposite, they're white Afrikaners but I do have some sympathy for them as they have been driven out of their home country.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

22-08-2019, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Maybe just the opposite, they're white Afrikaners but I do have some sympathy for them as they have been driven out of their home country.
I regret their loss, but at least they are alive and safe in britain. That's not so in south africa. It seems history is repeating itself.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top