Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:47 PM

If it's a BINO Brexit?

With BoJo at the helm, anything is possible but my theory is that all that BoJo really wants is to be prime minister. He doesn't care about Brexit or the UK and doesn't really care about anything except himself (very much like Trump). I'm sure they will have many "jolly" meetings leading to nothing.

So I think to avoid the dreaded no-deal and further escalations to trade wars etc. I think we are heading for a big UK climbdown and "betrayal" deal with the EU. It won't be immediately obvious but it might get through parliament, avoid a GE and keep BoJo in post for a while.

Now for all the many avid Brexiteers on here, I just wonder at what point does the "deal" become a defeat? Bear in mind BoJo was himself a leaver and unlike T May he has the most leaver cabinet you could imagine.

So if he fails what next; Nigel Farage as PM?

Please rate these outcomes as leave defeats or reasonable compromise..

1) Further extension to A50

2) Continued customary alignment between Eire and NI and no hard border on Ireland. Future border to be in Irish sea.
(Effectively DUP sacrificed)

3) Continued customary alignment in England

4) Continued membership of either single market or customs union

5) Continued payments from UK to EU for FTA deal
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:57 PM

Re: If it's a BINO Brexit?

In my opinion, any deal is a defeat, contrary to what we keep hearing from the BBC, that's not what anyone voted for. It was 'stay' or 'leave', as simple as that.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:58 PM

The deal Mrs May agreed to with an amendment to get round the Irish backstop.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 08:48 PM

The WA is horrid it's the worst deal in the world ever.

No deal is a much more favourable outcome. We should just leave now
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 12:54 PM

I know this is academic but suppose we actually have a no deal. The street parties will die down, the EU will impose their tariffs, the pound tanks, our food prices will go up and yet we will maintain zero tariffs on imported goods so it starts to cost us dearly. Then what?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 01:07 PM

We enjoy a nice Sovereignty Sandwich and shout. "We showed 'em, boys!"

Bit like our cricket team, really.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
I know this is academic but suppose we actually have a no deal. The street parties will die down, the EU will impose their tariffs, the pound tanks, our food prices will go up and yet we will maintain zero tariffs on imported goods so it starts to cost us dearly. Then what?
By then the EU can still afford to give development aid to england. Scotland and Isle of ireland as members of the EU will chip in extra.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 02:57 PM

If we come out with anything but a WTO deal then personally that's it for me I'll never vote again. Anything but WTO is such a betrayal I can't imagine trusting another party or politician ever again.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If we come out with anything but a WTO deal then personally that's it for me I'll never vote again. Anything but WTO is such a betrayal I can't imagine trusting another party or politician ever again.
Every country in the world (minus 1) is a wto member. Any idea why there are nevertheless 20 custom unions? Encompassing all civilized countries.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Every country in the world (minus 1) is a wto member. Any idea why there are nevertheless 20 custom unions? Encompassing all civilized countries.
Oh but we are yelled at frequently by remainders that we will be only country in the world who use WTO lol the truth is very different to the propoganda.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top