Join for free
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 03:52 AM

2 alerts film and TV

These 2 gems are not new but I thought I'd drop them on you in case you haven't seen them.

FILM : A Star is Born. THis came out not too long ago and it is the third remake of this story. The first was with Judy Garland and James Mason. The second was Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson and the one I'm recommending here is Lady GaGa and Bradley Cooper and it's on Netflix. I think this is the best version. Cooper and GaGa both act their brains out and it had me glued from the first frame. They both did all the singing and instrumentation themselves and also wrote several original songs for the movie. Cooper plays the damaged ageing rock star to a tee and La GaGa is just sensational. Check it out.

TV : Animal Kingdom. This American series is on Netflix and is an extremely teased out, embellished and drawn out version of the original Australian movie. It is set in Riverside Beach, California outside of LA. It is a about a crime family run by a matriarch, her four sons and grandson. They spend a third of their time robbing banks and other establishments, another third fighting between themselves and the rest surfing. Lots of action, mystery, plot and counter plot and a fair bit of violence and sex. Totally adults only but a great yarn well worth catching.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:05 PM

Re: 2 alerts film and TV

I preferred the Streisand/ Kristofferson version but then i've always been a fan of Barbra Streisand films.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top