Join for free
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 09:10 PM

A Suggestion

This past full moon I went out and looked for owls. The only owl I have seen since I moved here is the Great Horned Owl. I did not see one on that night. It gives you and excuse to go out and enjoy the full moon. It's fun to look at it with binoculars or a spotting scope.
We have burrowing owls around here from what I've heard, also barn owls which are fun to watch in a field.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 09:16 PM

Re: A Suggestion

We have barn owls, I hear them most nights but haven't seen many, just fleeting glimpses. The vicar had a nest box but I think he took it down.
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 09:22 PM

Some ranchers put up nest boxes, fruit and nut growers two. They eat the gophers, gophers will come out of their holes at night.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 09:11 AM

I will always put out scraps of meat on my bird table at night, many a night the table has been empty, try it you will be amazed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I will always put out scraps of meat on my bird table at night, many a night the table has been empty, try it you will be amazed.

I'd be worried it was rats Wrinkly, they easily climb.
I had a problem with them 3 winters ago until a neighbour 2 doors away discovered they were nesting under his shed - he killed 13 of them!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top