Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 07:59 AM

A big thankyou to people on here.

Hi

An independant so and so, thank you so much to those who those who responded and noticed by brief absence.

My health has not been good, old injuries catching up on me and some nasty bugs picked up in the NHS.

I had a fall, a bad one, down the stairs, a combination of rubbish prescribing by the NHS and the vomiting bug.

Not nice when you live on your own, I was out for hours, no one knew.

Some what scary, no one to check on me.

Luckily, a very good Junior Doctor, sorted me and my Meds out

No family to contact, but luckily got in touch with my Polish friends.

Got back late yesterday afternoon to find they had all chipped in.

Shopping in the house, Babcha Ella and Goshia, who do not speak any English, where here sorting the Garden, washing done and drying on the line.

Goshia lost her husband recently and suddenly, never met her, she has never been to England before.

Came here for a break to see family here, an ace gardener, she had set to on mine.

I had had a load of plants ready to plant out, but dry as a bone due to my absence.

They are here for half term, babysitting the littlies, my pretend Grandkids and their friends.

Four littlies, one Autistic, had built the wonkiest tomato tower you have ever seen.

Great fun, even better as they were in charge of planting out and watering, Babcha Ella showing them how to plant out and sow seeds

Jacob, the autistic one, loves tools, so he built the frames and mowed the lawns, he loves machinery.

The other 3, all girls, had great fun with the hosepipe and chucking the lawn feed and weed all over the place.

Arrived dressed to the nines, all white and pink, left wet and muddy, but very happy.

I was laid up on the settee, so they kept coming in to play nurse.

My house is a disaster, full of wet mud prints on my carpets, empty crisp packets and half filled glasses of Cola and Fanta.

They want to come back this afternoon, the littlies, I have an incinerator, so they want a fire and a McDonalds take away.

They do not understand that I cannot drive at the moment, Babcha Ella has never driven an Automatic, and never driven in England, she has no idea where McDonalds is, it is miles away.

An expensive taxi trip to McDonalds this lunch time to pick up an order, but worth every penny..

I tried to pay Babcha Ella and Goshia yesterday for all their work and help.

They were having none of it, settled on a bottle of Single Malt, as a gift.

They are away Saturday, back to Poland, I will miss them.

I have a long hard road to recovery, thank you so much to all on here who have helped.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 08:07 AM

Re: A big thankyou to people on here.

Sorry to hear you've been so poorly swim , it's horrible when you get knocked down with illness when on your own . Your friends sound wonderful . When I was working I had eight weeks off with illness I was stuck on my own , many of us can understand . Hope your stronger now
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 08:27 AM

Sorry to hear that swimmy but you sound like you've enjoyed the company. I know I keep mentioning the same thing but churches especially Sally Army are great at befriending and helping out. I'll say again I'm not sure we would have survived without the Sally Army after Tasha died they swooped in and took care of us. You don't have to be a believer either and they won't try to convert you they just want to help.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 08:49 AM

Glad you're back home again Swims - and still in one piece.
It's been a difficult time for you. X
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 08:53 AM

Sounds like you've some good friends there Swimmy, good luck to all of you and speedy recovery to yourself.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:08 AM

Sorry to hear you have been so ill, but glad to hear you are feeling better.
Friends can be really wonderful at times, quite often I donīt know how we would have managed without them.

Itīs quite strange really, when living abroad we have found that neighbours and friends of varying nationalities always offer to help with anything they can. We are lucky to have such people around us.

I hope you are soon back on top form and feeling well again.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:12 AM

Hi

Yes, half term made a big difference. If it had not been half term I could have been lying there for a week with no one noticing.

That is the real scary bit.

The funniest thing is this.

Jacob and Nadi and their friends, Veronica and Zosia, got a telling off when they got home last night for being in the state they were in.

Sabrina had to completely clean her car., it was wet and plastered with mud, she had 4 kids to bath and clean all their clothes.

Nadi, rang earlier, she had got hold of Mum's phone and used the speed dial.

She is 7 years old.

They are all coming to live with me because I do not tell them off like Mummy does.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:19 AM

Glad you are on the mend Swim. Don't worry about the mess. Keep telling yourself you will clear it up tomorrow.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:20 AM

Pleased to hear you are home and recovering Swimmy, you have some very good friends who care for you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 10:05 AM

Aw Gibbs seems like you have had a rough time over the last few days, pleased to hear you sounding positive and a bit better x.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top