Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 01:05 PM

Re: A big forum meet.

I've been to two weekend meets of another forum, lasting from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. For main meets with much pre-planning and discussion, they weren't particularly well attended with people tending to drop out nearer the time.

I think both times there were 10-12 people which actually was a nice sized group and meant that people could chat and mix easily. Both times, I think everyone enjoyed it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 01:08 PM

Hi

The weekend meet at my house turned into a vodka tasting outing, I had 11 different flavours in stock.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Where are the other men????
Hey Ruthio, there weren’t any other Men, and that was good.
I mean who needs other Men around when I am around?
Don’t you worry me dear.
I left those Ladies well satisfied!

Given half the chance, you could be satisfied and all!
Just think.
Any of you could have been you in that French restaurant with me in Liverpool!

That really is a shame Ruthio.
But here is a song for all you Ladies to sing!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFC2769C-9350-4B70-A0C5-2C3ED8BF051C.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	4181  
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 01:36 PM

Please get on with narrowing it down to a specific continent so I can start paddling. At the party, you will recognize me as the one in the wetsuit in need of a sandwich....

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Please get on with narrowing it down to a specific continent so I can start paddling. At the party, you will recognize me as the one in the wetsuit in need of a sandwich....

I can do America - No problem.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
I've been to two weekend meets of another forum, lasting from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. For main meets with much pre-planning and discussion, they weren't particularly well attended with people tending to drop out nearer the time.

I think both times there were 10-12 people which actually was a nice sized group and meant that people could chat and mix easily. Both times, I think everyone enjoyed it.
I used to go to a yearly outing with a group of people. We all stayed at a rather posh bed and breakfast. It was a group of about 10 to 12. Same thing all meet in a designated pub on the Friday night then back to the B&B. Saturday evening we all went for meal together then to the local live music pub. We would split up into groups and usually arrange to meet up for lunch/ Sunday lunch. Everybody usually felt refreshed after the weekend and the chance to hang out with other members.

I think Carol was suggesting a larger group meeting though in the opening post. We should have done a poll to find out who was interested. Who was interested but needed help with transport, who wanted to bring partners and who would come but had furrie friends that would need help with. I haven't got a dog yet but we could have a mass doggy walk which would be fun part of the weekend 😁

The more I think about it, it may be that we have to opt for a whole week now so that members from outside the UK have time to get here plus all the activities we could all do together. Our photo enthusiasts could record it all for posterity, or evidence.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 03:56 PM

Thanks BC, for a blast from the past! I have that record and love it!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Thanks BC, for a blast from the past! I have that record and love it!
Yes Jazzi, we love it as well.
I have to say that particular record is not really meant to be funny.
But it can be.
Some years ago we were in Benidorm and we went to see a cabaret act called Trampas.

He came out dressed as a Woman who was rather heavily around 9 months pregnant, and mimed to that song.
We were in stitches!

Mind you Jazzi
3 times I have been Married, and would you believe, each time there were Women in the congregation who I have no doubt were thinking:

It Should Have Been Me!

I saw my love walking down the aisle
And as he passed me by
He turned to me and gave me a smile

Then the preacher, then the preacher
The preacher joined their hands
And all the people, the people began to stand

When I shouted, it should have been me
No, it should have been me
You know it should have been me
Baby how can you do this to me

You made a promise that we’d never part
Then you turned around and you broke my, my heart
Now you’re standing there saying “I do”
Holding hands with somebody new

When you know that it should have been me
Oh, it should have been me
Baby how can you do this to me

Then the preacher, whoa yeah
The preacher asked that there be silence please
If any objections to this wedding
Speak now or forever, forever hold your peace

And I stood up and said it should have been me
Jumped out of my seat and screamed it should have been me.
Oh, don’t blow away my mind
People, believe me, that man is mine
It should have been me
No, you know it should have been me
Oh, it should have been me.
Oh, somebody call the police
That woman down there is a doggone thief
It should have been me
No doubt, it should have been me
Oh, it should have been me.

Sorry Girls.
It wasn't.
Get over it!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top