Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 07:41 AM

???????? Sunday

Good morning all

We did not get as wet on our morning walk today even though we still have the rain but it is more a misty rain, the winds are gone and we have a temperature of 14 degrees, all in all not bad for walking.

Plans for today are ?????????? still on the drawing board so it is a waiting game at the moment.
Our Strawberries are finished but we did get a good two month and about 20 Punnets out of them this year.

Have a good day everyone and remember to enjoy yourself whatever you do.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 08:10 AM

Re: ???????? Sunday

Top of the morning to everyone.

We are sort of stuck for a proper schedule today, as we assume my daughters will be arriving to see us at some point this morning, and then we are hoping to go to the local village fete this afternoon.

Enjoy your day all...

Barry
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 08:27 AM

Good morning everyone. Got up at 5.30am this morning and went back to Mansfield to check the road. A white van man went into me last Friday as I was going through the place. Nobody hurt, but as it is not my town/area I wanted check it out. I was surprised that going back made me a bit jittery.
I think I might go back to bed for a while now - everyone is coming for lunch today, so not much time for relaxing until later.
Enjoy your Sunday folks.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 10:31 AM

Good morning, I think. Didn't sleep well last night. Fell very sleepy but leg cramps keeping me from returning to bed. It's Father's Day here in the States. Whoopie! There will be some sort of celebration at church this morning. If I could do it I'd skip today and fall sound asleep instead. Nice weather ahead all week. Have a good day.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
...........A white van man went into me last Friday as I was going through the place. Nobody hurt,.......... .
Glad that there was no injuries, it's always a bit of shake up but you'll get over it. Although I must admit, I had a bump on the scoot last year, slid into the back of a car, a graze on my knee and a bit of a dent to the pride but ok. Scoot cost me €200 to get sorted though. But I am very wary now of allowing enough room to stop.

Been out for my Sunday cycle ride, did 38kms (24miles), was out before 9 to avoid the heat.

Meeting friends for a BBQ at a bar in the next pueblo later, unfortunately I have to drive so it will be Aqua con gas for me. Don't really mind, drinking in this heat is not a good thing.

Not quite as hot as yesterday (yet) only 28c in the shade.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 04:17 PM

Happy Fathers Day, all! Hug your Dad if you're lucky enough to still have him ... mine passed in 1964; always missed. Cloudy and rather gloomy looking: 24 C (75 F), won't warm up as much as yesterday; been six days under 90 F; I do enjoy the heat and wish it were back (yes, I know I'm weird! ) A break from moving: out of boxes and bags; Chris will bring some when he gets back in town this afternoon.

Enjoy your day .....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Good morning everyone. Got up at 5.30am this morning and went back to Mansfield to check the road. A white van man went into me last Friday as I was going through the place. Nobody hurt, but as it is not my town/area I wanted check it out. I was surprised that going back made me a bit jittery.
Sorry to hear that Aerolor, but good to hear no one was hurt. Bent metal can be fixed a lot easier than us..
Mansfield is in my neck of the woods, so if it helps let me know who the white van man was and I will go round and kick his shins for you...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 07:52 PM

Aerolor, I'm on the wrong side of the Pond to do anything helpful like Barry's shin-kicking, but I will send bad vibes to him and hope he gets a boil in an unpleasant place!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 09:09 PM

Thank you Barry and Eileen for your kind words - It's true about cars only being metal - The important thing is that nobody was hurt. I couldn't see any damage on his van (it was a very old one and full of dints and rust anyway). I haven't had an accident for years and years and I suppose its a matter of pride. This current car was a bit of a luxury for me, I bought it when I retired. I think I am more suited to going around in an older car really - so I don't get upset if it gets pranged. The insurance company can sort it out anyway and I have protected no claims. I'll get over it. Thanks again both of you.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

19-06-2011, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
Glad that there was no injuries, it's always a bit of shake up but you'll get over it. Although I must admit, I had a bump on the scoot last year, slid into the back of a car, a graze on my knee and a bit of a dent to the pride but ok. Scoot cost me €200 to get sorted though. But I am very wary now of allowing enough room to stop.

Been out for my Sunday cycle ride, did 38kms (24miles), was out before 9 to avoid the heat.

Meeting friends for a BBQ at a bar in the next pueblo later, unfortunately I have to drive so it will be Aqua con gas for me. Don't really mind, drinking in this heat is not a good thing.

Not quite as hot as yesterday (yet) only 28c in the shade.
Thank you as well Rockrider.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top