Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 11:21 PM

Re: Rent a friend.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Desperation is so sad .

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Not for those of us who can stil command and appreciate the company of an interesting attentive male .
There are so few around .

I find the whole concept of "rent a friend" very distasteful.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I think you’d be better spending the money on a robot, or getting a dummy, dress it up and link arms with it!
I would love a robot, not for companionship but to do the housework and make tea. When they make robots that can dig the garden and mow the lawn then I am definitely up for it!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 04:05 AM

Before we built all these walls, fences, cars, and computers, we sure took a lot better care of each other.

It's a sad statement that our culture now demands such a service.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 04:30 AM

Hi

Rent a friend?

Nope.

I moved house, Billy No Mates.

Be nice, smile, break the Ice.

Join local groups.

You will be surprised at how many have done the same.

A day out with others is so much better than a day out on your own.

I have a number of Lady Friends, nothing Sexual, just good companions, whether it be at a concert, a day's shopping etc.

I also Volunteer as a helper for those with Mental Health Issues.

That is very rewarding as well.

I have severe PTSD which I am learning to manage.

I am not on Benefits, I am not homeless, I have my own house and car and a good income.

I do not do Pubs or Bars.

I find the Alpha Male thing boring.

I have absolutely no interest in drinking to excess with a bunch of boring men talking about football and bragging about about how many women they have bedded and what they have done to them.

There is so much more to life than that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by surfermom ->
before we built all these walls, fences, cars, and computers, we sure took a lot better care of each other.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Not for those of us who can stil command and appreciate the company of an interesting attentive male .
There are so few around .

That's true,Zuleika ...

I love change..instead of being stuck in the past......times move on.....some people never do.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Before we built all these walls, fences, cars, and computers, we sure took a lot better care of each other.

Yes, I quite agree with you on all of that. There's also the time element where everybody is so busy, busy with their own lives that they have no time for anyone else. I've noticed nowadays that also goes for families, all so busy with their own limited hours, due to work pressures or their own selfish 'wants' and 'needs'.

In some instances it's definitely a sad, sad world we live in. Community it seems has gone for many and it's not going to get any better from what I see.

To answer the OP – what has the world come to when we believe it necessary to 'buy' friends by 'renting' them? Surely there is no price that can be put on a real friend in a real friendship!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 08:28 AM

Pauline, So you want someone to go to the opera with? Why can’t you go on your own?
Who is going to notice or bother that you’re on your own? How is going with a ‘friend’ going to enhance the experience?

If it were me, l would go on my own! I would either walk close to other people as if l was with them! Maybe, accidentally bump into them to start a conversation! You have to be artful!

You would also save money by not having to pay someone who would probably rather be somewhere else!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 08:37 AM

Maybe you can tell me,how it won't enhance the experience?

Like you,I have a choice....because it's not for you.....does not mean it isn't for me.

Different strokes for different folks.

If I look desperate ,I have no problem with that..I know "me"

You could also say the same about a forum..spending most of the day on it...is that an indication that some are desperately lonely...if it is..then there are a few on here...

The only difference is..I will be paying for it...with a well mannered gentleman ...I know exactly what is in the package.

Anyway,I'm off to buy me new outfit!....ta,ta,
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 09:25 AM

Pauline, Guess What? I think you’re having us on!
You did this in another thread!

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top