Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 03:37 PM

Re: A big Connundrum

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Mags darlin' but the straight-forward answer may mean additional surgery and then the question becomes: How soon??? - it might mean upsetting my Xmas/New Year plans.
I see what you mean, UJ ..... it is coming at the wrong time of the year
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 04:09 PM

I guess it depends partly on whether the holiday plans with pain are more important than a (hopefully) less pain filled post surgery period. No one but you can make that decision; I know you'll do what's best for yourself based on the input from your doctors. You're in my thoughts, (((hugs))).
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 06:09 PM

Just caught up with this Uncle Joe. What a bugger! I do wish you weren't in pain, you'd never have guessed it by your posts. Until the surgeon calls you back about the level of chronium in your system and gives you his opinion you can't really make any decisions yet. Do as the others have said and ask the doctors everything you want to know, write your questions down and if you don't understand their answers tell them to explain. The very best to you in what ever you decide. Mary x
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 06:12 PM

Do what is best for you, there will always be other christmas and new year plans to enjoy I am sure.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jean ->
Do what is best for you, there will always be other christmas and new year plans to enjoy I am sure.
I was thinking the same Jean, let it go for this year if you do choose to have the op Uncle Joe.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 08:54 PM

Sorry to hear you are having pain Uncle Joe. It may be that if they definitely believe the joint is leaching chromium they will want to do it for you sooner than you hoped for. It may not need to spoil your Christmas plans - Perhaps it could be done early in the New Year if they recommend you get it done. Best wishes.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 09:58 PM

Sorry to hear you're suffering so much Uncle Joe. Whatever decision you make, I hope all goes well for you.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 10:17 PM

There's not much to add that's already been said Uncle Joe, except to say, I hope you don't have to suffer too much before a decision is made.

As others have mentioned - your posts reflect that of someone who is both comical and happy - not one who is experiencing so much suffering. ((((hugs)))) Uncle Joe.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 10:33 PM

I am truly sorry to read about your predicament Geoff. All I can say is that if I was in the same situation I would have it done as soon as possible, none of us are getting any younger and the older you are the more the surgery takes out of you, also you are in pain, why suffer?, go for it Man and the best of luck to you. Take care in the meantime.
Jimmy.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 10:47 PM

My instinctive reaction is do it as soon as possible to get it over with!!!! I'd feel it hovering over me all thru the holidays probably ruining them with the apprehension .... but I'm not walking in your shoes .......

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top