Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 12:52 PM

Re: A ****ing rant

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's the same in many UK big towns and cities. Ask in English - you'll get one price. Ask in Urdu you'll get a lower price.
Yes, a pint of Guinness in London is at least twice the price of a
pint of Guinness in Melton !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's the same in many UK big towns and cities. Ask in English - you'll get one price. Ask in Urdu you'll get a lower price.
Wouldn't it be funny if in English shops, the customer asks in English and is offered a lower price and if they ask in Urdu they're charged 50% more?

Works both ways.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes, a pint of Guinness in London is at least twice the price of a
pint of Guinness in Melton !!
Well if people are daft enough to live in Londonistan, they get what they deserve!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Well, that's Mexico.

I have learned the hard way that in many third world places, there is a price given to locals and a price given to foreign travelers. I actually don't have a problem with that. I expect you were being charged the gringo price, bakerman.
Yes, I run into that many times, here in Mexico. Especially from taxi drivers.
I just tell them, "No mas dinero. Mi no estupido"

When I lived in The Philippines, I usually had my GF buy stuff for me. She always got the lower price and I was not ripped off.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top