Join for free
Page 12 of 22 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 10:58 PM

Re: Who is God?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
hazel, you refer to the masculine tense many times, maybe God has feminine tendencies, who knows, ladies always seem more forgiving.
Although I refer to Him to me he's really an It neither He nor She cos it's not a person it's an entity if you like. A non being. A kind of mist. I'd rather believe that something may be able to help me in time of need rather than there be nothing at all. I'm not religeous I don't like religeon it's made by men for men, and it's cruel even now. I was kicked out of Sunday school (and I was the teacher)
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 07:28 PM

http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

very helpful thanks.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 07:46 PM

Hi Pip (Gabi), as the article says, the universe is quite an orderly, mathematical place, but it's rather a big jump to assume that it means there's an omnipotent being behind it all. I prefer to say that I don't know what's behind it and mankind will probably NEVER know the answer.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2012, 10:53 AM

I don't care what others think I think there's a something out there, things happen for a reason we may not always know what they are, I mistook a pic of a 4wk old kitten for a pic of a football and have a lovely friend who helped me when I needed it most. I have helped someone just because I saw something that I hadn't seen before yet I'd looked at it, but this time saw it differently. We couldn't plan these things and I don't believe they just happen. What does it matter if you call it God or fate it's a something.I'd sooner believe that something may be able to help me than that is it there's nothing to do about it, and help can come in ways you'd never expect. Potty well I know what I mean and so do others.
inthemoment777
United Kingdom
inthemoment777 is male  inthemoment777 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 11:40 PM

Did not man create god, not the other way round?

Is not the concept of hell just an instrument of social control?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by inthemoment777 ->

Yes matey, now where did I put my Trident???
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 09:38 AM

If man created God, who created man.?

It’s a bit like the old lady who believed the world was held up by a giant turtle who was asked, who or what was holding up the Earth ?

She replied,

“ You can’t catch me out on that one son, it’s turtles all the way down”
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

30-10-2012, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by inthemoment777 ->

No God MAY have created man ,man DID creat religeon and therefore hell. My idea of God is a kindly something who tries to help, but he cannot control us, he gave us a brain to use,he does not force us we make our own choices for good or bad.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 10:13 AM

After a great deal of thought I have come to the conclusion That I am GOD .....I have indisputable proof of this.

1...No one believes in me.
2...People only want to talk to me when they want something
3....People take my name in vain.
4....No body believes or appreciates in what I have ever done for them.
5....If something goes wrong I get the blame.
6.....I lay the laws down , but people ignore them.

So do I fit the bill .....if not no one still has not been able to answer the question "who is God" ....so perhaps we are ALL god ... or is God us ???....
This debate has been raging since the beginning of time ...And will be going on till the end of time ...
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

30-10-2012, 10:39 AM

as long as the argument is about God and not religeon arguing is fine.

Page 12 of 22 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top