Join for free
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 02:27 PM

1960s Music Nostalgia - Heads Up

I have kindly popped in to alert anyone who hasn't seen a certain prog on the 60s pop invasion of the USA by British groups (later to be called bands) currently showing on Sky Arts (not sure how many can get the channel).

It's a really good watch and well put together, I've seen it a few times over the years:

Next showing Sky Arts 5pm today, Friday.

No need to thank me. It's what I do.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:01 PM

Re: 1960s Music Nostalgia - Heads Up

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Arrogant, ignorant sod, thankfully I can't and wouldn't anyway tune into and Sky programme, since the its run by that barsteward Rupert Murdoch and his brood.
The thread was intended for the non-lunatics on here, who are interested in 60s music etc.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:12 PM

Ah ... I remember it well .. stretched out on my back in a dreamy haze in my cot .... waving my rattle to the beat of Lucy in the sky. Spitting out my dummy when I wanted another brandy dip on it.
You just can't recreate those warm nostalgic moments can you.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah ... I remember it well .. stretched out on my back in a dreamy haze in my cot .... waving my rattle to the beat of Lucy in the sky. Spitting out my dummy when I wanted another brandy dip on it.
You just can't recreate those warm nostalgic moments can you.

Oh me belly's splitting..
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
The thread was intended for the non-lunatics on here, who are interested in 60s music etc.
There are to many of us to keep us off mate..
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 08:10 PM

Hi Gravitas, wish I had Sky, only have BT.

You certainly brought back memories. I too, remember those lazy Sunday afternoons, lying on the grass in our local park, listening to the radio.

I was just trying to remember the hits at that time. Of course, there were the Beatles, Stones, Gerry, Dave Clark, Brian Poole and the rest of the Liverpool sounds, but do you remember these, I certainly do. Acker Bilk, Engelbert, Frank Ifield, The Shadows, The Scaffold, Tom Jones, Cliff Richards, Mary Hopkins, Helen Shapiro, Shirley Bassey, The Seekers
Dave Clark Five, Sandie Shaw, Billy Fury, crikey, those were the days. Of course, everyone in our group was always waiting for the Beach Boys hit Groovin,on a Sunday Afternoon, just so we could feel the vibe! lol
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

You certainly brought back memories. I too, remember those lazy Sunday afternoons, lying on the grass in our local park, listening to the radio.

I was just trying to remember the hits at that time. Of course, there were the Beatles, Stones, Gerry, Dave Clark, Brian Poole and the rest of the Liverpool sounds, but do you remember these, I certainly do. Acker Bilk, Engelbert, Frank Ifield, The Shadows, The Scaffold, Tom Jones, Cliff Richards, Mary Hopkins, Helen Shapiro, Shirley Bassey, The Seekers
Dave Clark Five, Sandie Shaw, Billy Fury, crikey, those were the days. Of course, everyone in our group was always waiting for the Beach Boys hit Groovin,on a Sunday Afternoon, just so we could feel the vibe! lol
Sorry to say that Groovin' (on a Sunday Afternoon) was actually the Young Rascals.

Gravitas
North England

27-01-2018, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Yeah, a lot of them are in it. It was all "bands" though.

I tend to forget that most on here won't have access to a lot of channels. FWIW, it's on again tomorrow morning at 11.30.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top