Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 01:06 AM

Photo warning

My 16 yr old granddaughter recently posted a pic of her 18mth old sister on a media site it - there are now dozens and dozens. Only to be told a week later by a friend that her pic had appeared on another site which was deemed to be a paedophile site. She contacted the site management and threatened a law suit and the pic was instantly removed.

I have noticed from time to time on this site that pics appear from members photo galleries showing young babies /toddlers and kids.

yes I know they are only accessible by members, but they can be copied and used elsewhere- just a thought?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 06:44 AM

Re: Photo warning

Thanks for the warning, Gumbud, your grand-daughter must be really upset.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 07:17 AM

That's terrible, thank you for the warning.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 09:23 AM

that is why I won't show my 4 granddaughters on the internet
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 09:55 AM

There are so many "members" on here I wouldn't post my grand/ great grandkids photos on here. It says "members only" but who knows who they might be.
I don't post them on FB either.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 10:39 AM

Oh yes it's so important to know this . So many people post pics of their children , it is a worry that's for sure . I've seen pics on face book of children in the bath which is a concern . A friend has an app on her phone that shows live yes live footage of her grandaughter asleep in her cot 75 miles away in her daughters home . I've mentioned it could be dangerous and hackers could get into this app but she won't listen . How dangerous is that
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the warning- I've always avoided posting pics of my grandchildren for that reason.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
Thanks for the warning- I've always avoided posting pics of my grandchildren for that reason.
Same here, am very careful of what photos I post. Such a shame it has to be like this..
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 04:21 PM

Extra warning- non-members can see what is posted on the forums but they can't post- so be careful of what photos you post or even comments that you make.

Another point most photos from digital cameras have a small file attached (exif) which gives details of the camera settings and other information- sometimes geographical location of the photo if it is taken on a smartphone camera- I think you might be able to switch this off in your camera settings.
I include a copyright statement in mine in case anyone 'steals' the image.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 07:20 PM

Blimey Gummy I have just seen this!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top