Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Woodsman59
Hayling Island
Woodsman59 is male  Woodsman59 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 12:40 AM

Re: Bowel cancer screening

I have received this package, it's in my bedside drawer unopened. I thought it was ugh, and didn't want my wife to know I recieved it.
I do feel bad about the waste of money but I didn't request it. I was 60 last year so possibly the reason I got it ..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 07:29 AM

Do the test, Woodsman! They have made it easier to do, it only takes a minute - but that minute that could safe your life.

If in any doubt about it - just read through this thread!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 07:37 AM

Sorry to hear about your son EZ I hope he and all the family are coping ok.

Wordsman take the test....dont hide it from your wife either its something we should all do.

Gives a whole new meaning to Pooh Sticks
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Woodsman59 ->
I have received this package, it's in my bedside drawer unopened. I thought it was ugh, and didn't want my wife to know I recieved it.
I do feel bad about the waste of money but I didn't request it. I was 60 last year so possibly the reason I got it ..
DO THE TEST Woodsman.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2021, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Woodsman59 ->

Why on earth wouldn't you want your wife to know, Woodsman?
Were you afraid she would insist on your doing the test?
I think we are very lucky to be given the opportunity to have these free tests.

Sorry, but I think you are very wrong to refuse to do it.
These new ones are quick, simple, and very worthwhile, so get on with it man!
Woodsman59
Hayling Island
Woodsman59 is male  Woodsman59 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2021, 05:30 PM

Sorry , I didn't see this , I don't get notifications plus my log in seems to be very erratic. ( no log jokes ) : o : )
I didn't want my lovely wife nagging me and she did in the end when this very subject came up with a mutual acquaintance.
I believe the tests are "timed" so that's that plus I got a gp letter telling me they know I refused.
I binned that too , I only joined the gp after 20 years living here because of my jab ; so yes , cowardly but I don't want to know .
Woodsman59
Hayling Island

10-03-2021, 05:33 PM

Arrrrgh , Summer : o : ) : )
Poo sticks..

I read , some lady had blood and underwent a horrible experience , bits of her inside removed and it was all ok.

She may have had blood because of painkillers , well, I take these for a bad back after chainsawing wood.
Its easily found on the net , she had what I would consider an horrible experience..for nothing .
Woodsman59
Hayling Island

11-03-2021, 04:16 PM

No one speaks to me on here , I cannot find any delete account , mods please assist if possible and do so . Many thanks. W.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have just been informed the usual bowel cancer screening tests are on their way by post.

I was quite surprised, what with the NHS's backlog with other work.

A bit unpleasant, but a worthwhile test I think.

Do you think it's worth participating?
I do. Had problems with it for decades. It needs to be taken seriously.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 04:40 PM

A word of warning when using the kit. Don’t do as I did, and hold the bottle over the sink when the poo stick is in the other. I realised too late the liquid inside was trickling out!

A phone call a morning or so later and a replacement kit was received within days. This time, I put the bottle, upright, into a small glass on the bathroom sink.

Just waiting for the result now.

I have a niece by marriage who still has her stoma because Covid prevented a reversal op. And someone from the allotment went through the same surgery, but his was eventually reversed.

A councillor at my old home town is now having chemo following breast cancer surgery.

My brother has had prostate cancer.

So I will do whatever tests are thrown at me, whether they are undignified, awkward, fiddly, time consuming. Whatever.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top