Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 12:56 AM

When did you last do a good deed?

They were saying on Loose Women today, about a woman who loves to do good turns for complete strangers. She leaves small amounts of money taped on parking meters, or scratch cards laying in odd places to be found, just to give someone a nice surprise.
Someone else phoned in and said they always run errands for neighbours, give people a lovely smile, or even deliberately let them pinch a parking space.
Then others phoned in with their good deeds for folks too, and I must say, I found it rather heartening to hear these kindly folks doing their bit to brighten someone's day, without expecting anything back, instead of all the bad people we usually hear about daily.

Do you try to do a daily good deed?
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 01:08 AM

Re: When did you last do a good deed?

I think people are kind in various ways all the time but you don't need to set out to do a'good deed' you just need to be considerate. That would be a bit contrived.
It may mean letting someone going ahead of you in a queue or helping a Mum who is struggling with her shopping and a couple of small children or helping out a family member.
It's just a normal part of everyday life, I probably wouldn't tape money to parking meters, the traffic warden would probably come and take it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 01:24 AM

I don't know if these are classed as good deeds but at the supermarket today I let a young lad go before me as he only had a couple of things - and at my aqua fit class this afternoon was an Indian lady who nobody seemed to bother talking to. She looked a bit lost so later when the class was over I went to her and asked her if she's enjoyed it - just made a bit of general conversation. It feels good to be nice to people..

I'm always doing good deeds for family - child minding etc - too numerous to mention!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 01:39 AM

i think like someone else said its showing consideration for others ,Ive done several good deeds in the past week .
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 02:36 AM

I do my best.

The other day a woman at the supermarket dropped some money unawares, I told her and she was happy about that.

This is not a good deed but I made an older gent smile. I nipped out to the supermarket on Sunday nite which is one of the biggest nites of the year on this side of the pond ( Superbowl Sunday - and hardly any men are to be seen outside of their living rooms ). I was in a very nearly empty supermarket and saw an older man pushing around his cart, so as I breezed past him I said ' Not watching the game ' - unsure if he would answer me or not.

He said I am on my way after this, thanks for asking, my darling, and gave a lovely big smile.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 06:01 AM

In the summer I'm to be found taking garden produce round to my neighbours.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 08:55 AM

I think I do it on a daily basis, but it's just nice to be nice.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
I think people are kind in various ways all the time but you don't need to set out to do a 'good deed' you just need to be considerate. That would be a bit contrived.
It may mean letting someone going ahead of you in a queue or helping a Mum who is struggling with her shopping and a couple of small children or helping out a family member.
It's just a normal part of everyday life, I probably wouldn't tape money to parking meters, the traffic warden would probably come and take it.
My views exactly. It's the little things each day that make everyone's lives a little nicer. No money required.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 09:59 AM

I think good deeds should be anonymous and not done to gain praise or recognition otherwise they are meaningless...

When I lived in Somerset someone used to leave vegetables on my doorstep in the early morning. I never knew who it was.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think good deeds should be anonymous and not done to gain praise or recognition otherwise they are meaningless...

When I lived in Somerset someone used to leave vegetables on my doorstep in the early morning. I never knew who it was.

Perhaps you had a secret admirer Meg, one who didn't grow flowers?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top