Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 10:20 AM

Re: Missed appointments.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
One of our local hospitals cut the number by ringing patients a day before their appointment to remind them and it gave a chance to give the appointment to someone who was willing to go at short notice. I would suggest patients have to confirm the day before, it could be done with an automated system and doesn't have to involve huge cost.
now that is a good idea and it should be used in doctor's surgeries too. In our surgery they have an electronic banner which shows your name and to which consulting room to go to inbetween calling patients to see the doctor it flashes up how many appointments were missed the previous week, when I was there this week it flashed up there were 42 missed appointments last week must cost the NHS a fortune.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 10:40 AM

I would suggest patients have to confirm the day before, it could be done with an automated system and doesn't have to involve huge cost.
Now there's an idea why has no one thought of that before
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 10:47 AM

We get texts from our surgery first thing in the morning usually.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 10:54 AM

My GP often made unwanted appointments that i had not asked for, despite confirming by letter i would not be attending i was still sent letters that i had missed appointments. It took an unholy row with the stroppy practice manager to get these stopped so that all i reqd. were appointments i made myself.Its not always patients fault, we never used to have these problems, so why do we have them now ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 10:59 AM

Good for you Nom!
I just remembered that one morning I had 3 texts that were meant for other people! I phoned the surgery and they weren't bothered! I wonder if the people turned up!
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

12-07-2015, 01:02 PM

Missing an appointment? Hell, making one in South Wales is an existential nightmare!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 01:46 PM

I think something should be done about missed appointments. I sit in the Doctors and see names come up on the screen, then called with no one appearing while we all sit waiting.

If there is no good reason for the failure to alert the Doctor of an inability to attend an appointment a warning should be given then if the patient does the same thing again they should be removed from the Dr's list.

It is unfair on the many waiting for appointments for people to take them so lightly and fail to turn up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 01:58 PM

I'm not sure I like that idea, if we could all make appointments when we need them perhaps less would be missed. If we have to predict that in a month to 6 weeks we will need to see a doctor it stands to reason some will get better and forget, some will get worse and go to A&E and some will die and not be able to cancel.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 02:00 PM

One of our local hospitals cut the number by ringing patients a day before their appointment to remind them and it gave a chance to give the appointment to someone who was willing to go at short notice. I would suggest patients have to confirm the day before, it could be done with an automated system and doesn't have to involve huge cost.

My dentist sends an e.mail AND a text to remind me of my appointment.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My dentist sends an e.mail AND a text to remind me of my appointment.
Miss an appointment with my dentist and you will be sent a bill.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top