Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 12:35 PM

Re: Is it really funny???

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Scaring folks has been going on since men started drawing fierce animal faces on the cave walls to scare off intruders, it's big business now in the film world with horror festivals pulling in larger crowds every year.
People love to be frightened in all sorts of ways, look at all the new rides they come up with in the fun parks, each one scarier than the last one, all demanded by a delighted public.
One the bigger scene, governments could not survive without scaring us, if you do that you'll go to prison, if you don't do that you'll go to prison. If you ask me the whole world is controlled by scaring people, how else could you get billions to toe the line?.
Spot on.

And that numpty being scared of a dinosaur in the office - really?

Pranking is very big with the youngsters now - not my idea of humour but it seems to be what they like.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 12:39 PM

How are you Poida, I like slang names, Jem is Jimmy in Dublin slang.
I gather your not a horror fan so, I have a younger brother aged 51 and he never watched a horror film in his life, too scared... honestly, I must add he never married, if he did he would know what real horror was, sorry only messin.
Yes I do see your point about some people being terrified.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
How are you Poida, I like slang names, Jem is Jimmy in Dublin slang.
I gather your not a horror fan so, I have a younger brother aged 51 and he never watched a horror film in his life, too scared... honestly, I must add he never married, if he did he would know what real horror was, sorry only messin.
Yes I do see your point about some people being terrified.
Good lord, at least one person who can see my point.
Thanks Jem.
I always thought only Scots are called Jimmy. Like every one of them buggers. Well, at least the males.
You're right, I never enjoyed horror movies. Used to scare the crap out of me. Bad enough having horror nightmares, isn't it? No need to reinforce it with watching the scary stuff as well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=Jem;333978One the bigger scene, governments could not survive without scaring us, if you do that you'll go to prison, if you don't do that you'll go to prison. If you ask me the whole world is controlled by scaring people, how else could you get billions to toe the line?.[/QUOTE]

Yes Jem, and some religeons too. If you do not do things they want you to, you will "perish in hell"!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 07:39 PM

You've only got to watch a Japanese game show to see their sense of humour is totally different to ours, some the contestants are almost tortured, their horror films are very graphic, try watching "The Grudge". It must be a culture thing, also it's a growing fashion with our teens, along with anime & manga. So watch out!
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 03:55 PM

how abut this one ....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top