Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 07:11 PM

New Cars

Apparently, the AA are receiving 17,000 calls per month from drivers that can't get to grips with the "Starship Engterprise" array of lights on dashboards now.
I can understand that.
Personally, all I need is my radio, something to tell me about petrol/oil & lights, and maybe something to tell me if I have left a door open. I would be quite happy with that.

Has your car got loads of flashy lights on the dash?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 07:18 PM

Re: New Cars

No Mups, but I wouldn't mind a new car, even if it did have all singing and dancing dash displays! Would be quite fun, I think.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No but it still has too many
I have had this car for 6 years and still don't know what half the buttons do and I can't reset the radio and clock after a battery failure stopped them .
I only travel short distances in it, I have a chauffeur for longer journeys

Likewise the TV remote control and the hard drive TV recorder.
Heaven help me if I pick them up and accident press a button on one of them, I can be without the TV for hours as I try to work out what I did to make some unwanted thing happen
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 07:26 PM

My Mondeo is not too bad mind it's not new it's 5 years old, only thing that I can't work out is cruise control, but I can't see the point of that, so have not tried too hard to figure it out. Beddy is as simple as you can get, just point it and shoot!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 09:04 AM

My Renault Kangoo that is a converted mobility vehicle, (bought used) does not have any gadgets that I can't get to grips with.
My only gripe is the fuel gauge. They had to put a different tank in when the conversion was done. The gauge has LEDs but when on the last bottom one you would think that time to fill up. But no. I get fuel in and it only takes about £20 worth and its full. The LEDs still show that it is not.
I can't trust it, and at times I even carry a petrol can with some fuel in.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Yes, quite a few. But hardly any light up when I'm driving.
Should one of them come on I might have to get the manual out to see what it means.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
My Renault Kangoo that is a converted mobility vehicle, (bought used) does not have any gadgets that I can't get to grips with.
My only gripe is the fuel gauge. They had to put a different tank in when the conversion was done. The gauge has LEDs but when on the last bottom one you would think that time to fill up. But no. I get fuel in and it only takes about £20 worth and its full. The LEDs still show that it is not.
I can't trust it, and at times I even carry a petrol can with some fuel in.
Lets us hope that Purwell's Petrol Tank sender (a little bit of plastic the size of a watch) does not go wrong (which they do) as he will kiss £800 plus goodbye.

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Lets us hope that Purwell's Petrol Tank sender (a little bit of plastic the size of a watch) does not go wrong (which they do) as he will kiss £800 plus goodbye.

Thank you for those few kind words, is it the same for a diesel?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:55 AM

My sis has just got a new car and the dashboard reminds me of a transformer robot it looks full of buttons and whistles and lights....I cant see the point in half of them!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Thank you for those few kind words, is it the same for a diesel?
Afraid so, buy a replacement part from Ford on Ebay Italy and save over £100 compared to UK prices.

I have a Mondeo as a work horse, had a few James Bond cars.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top