Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 07:39 PM

Afternoon walk

I've got an app called 'MapMyWalk' installed on the phone. According to that, I did 3.28 miles in 58.3 minutes this afternoon. Maybe not too bad in view of the type of terrain ..and I stopped to take these photos. The uphill climb from my house to the highest point is 182.7 feet. The weather was sunny and it was altogether a nice walk, even if a bit muddy here and there.

A rhododendron growing at the side of the track

I used to ride a bike up this hill about 6-7 years ago. Don't know if I still could.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 07:56 PM

Re: Afternoon walk

Wow! What fantastic scenery! That was a very solid pace for three plus miles with all those hills, and mud puddles. I envy you the hills, too; they make for a good strenuous workout. It's really enjoyable to see these photos. Thanks for taking the time to share them!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 08:07 PM

I started walking that area again a week or so ago. The first walk hurt, especially the muscles in the shins. The second time around, they hurt a bit less and this time not at all. It is the same old area walked different ways but it is nice there and just up the road from the house.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 08:17 PM

A well trodden path quite popular, invigorating on a pleasant day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 08:29 PM

That looks like a great walk Mart.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 10:20 PM

I bet you felt better for walking in the lovely woods Mart
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:31 PM

That’s a lovely pretty walk Mart....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

20-05-2021, 08:07 AM

We are lucky with open areas around here. Much of it is M.O.D. (Ministry Of Defence) land but a lot of it is shared with the public. Certain restrictions exist but most of us who live in the general area respect them.

I don't know if that will last forever. Some areas that we used to ride our bikes on only a few years ago have been closed to the public. A move that some feel could be the start of a slippery slope. I hope not. Walkers, dog walkers, mountain bikers and runners would miss it greatly.

That track in the first and second photos is an old road and now a bridle path. I think that will always remain public.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 08:15 AM

It looks lovely Mart! I like that bottom photo where its just trees and track for miles
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

25-05-2021, 04:33 PM

The puddles just get bigger and bigger..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top