Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 03:12 PM

Re: Dog attack

Update on this it's got a bit odd.

They have had a dog put down, a staffie that apparently had never been out of their flat, it was news to us all they had two dogs !

The dog that bit the boy who is home and while shaken and bandaged ok, was in an awful state, seems from dog warden that it's suspected it was used as a victim for the other dog to practice on ! But as that dog wasn't involved in the attack it will be brought back to them after they supply vaccination certificates and proof of ownership, they also face charges of something to do with dog fighting but he closed up on that as it's all legal what can and can't be said before the case.

It's a huge mess of cruel nasty people turning lovely dogs into monsters and an innocent child caught up in it all.

Am I horrible thinking both dogs would be better off Pts and the child needs to be removed from the home ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 03:22 PM

Something has to be done, Julie...and I think you're right, pts seems the most caring thing to do....even the kid

Joking, obviously.....but these people don't seem capable of love.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 04:16 PM

I think the dog and the child should be re-homed and the adults should be PTS without delay as its obvious that they pose a danger to both human and animals and are a burden to society.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 04:49 PM

Once again, the answer would be very stiff penalties.

But I realise I am wasting my breath and nothing will change.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:44 PM

Sadly, that's what happens with dog fighting, they have to 'train' the fighter on other dogs. That is one reason why these people scour these blasted adverts which say "Free to good home". They are collected for bait.

I wholeheartedly agree that if these people are suspected of dog fighting they should have been arrested and banned from ever keeping dogs again.
Can't understand why the dog has been returned to them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:56 PM

No that's why I said it's odd I can't for life of me think this is a good home for that dog and knowing it's been trained to fight it's now in a home with a child and being walked in public ! And I know she lets it off lead in the park it's been in loads of fights over the years. That's what stopped us using the park, and means we have to keep a good look out if we want to take ours out of the flat in case it's in the grounds.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 01:05 PM

It is a symptom of the fantasy world in which pet owners reside ...

"PTS" ???
For godsake, make some pretence of living in the real world.
You mean "KILL".
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

17-03-2017, 01:15 PM

When I take mine for that last ride I can't think or say that pummy it's right of course but I'd never be able to do it. I see it as the last loving thing I can do for them. That doesn't in my mind add up to kill which I think is far to close to murder.

I'm sorry if that offends I'm just a bit soft that way with my animals. I'd be more of a basket case if I really felt I'd murdered them
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 01:23 PM

Oh dear Julie, yet another symptom .....

murder
noun
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=p...&*&dobs=murder
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

17-03-2017, 01:27 PM

I happily hold my hands up to being a besotted doggie mum pummy I even have a scarf I wear that's says I love chihuahuas there is absolutely no hope for me I'm a soppy dog owner, loves them like her children. Nothing will ever change me that's who I am.

I appreciate its not normal but I've never wanted to be normal I like being me.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top