Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 11:33 AM

Re: Were You Ever Bathed In The Sink?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Do you have pics of you bathing in the loo(s)?
I did say we have a shower cubicle, silly man.

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Yes Tiffany, we do that too!
I'd never fit in our loos, they aren't wide enough.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
My sisters and I were always strip washed in the kitchen sink every night before bed - except on Sundays, of course, when we would have a 'real' bath (a tin bath in front of the fire in the living room). We loved bath night as the bath was followed by a mug of hot Horlicks while we were cosily wrapped up in a big soft towel. We all sat in front of the fire listening to the radio together.
You paint a great picture - I can just imagine it.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 02:20 PM

No, I don't think I was ever a sink bather. I was in hospital in a plaster bed for most of my first year so definitely not then.
I can't remember bathing in tin baths or seeing one in our childhood home. My father wrote in his 'memoirs' that mum was cleaning the 'bath' when she started labour with my sister - that was the late 40's, so perhaps we had a proper bath then.
Must ask my sister if she remembers anything about the bathroom facilities when we were little biddie kiddies.

When my daughter was The Child, we had some wonderful neighbours who were desperate for a grandchild.
Their son was nowhere near meeting a lass to produce one, so they asked if The Child could be their 'adopted grandchild'.

One Saturday they gave her a bath in their kitchen sink - I thought it hilarious as I'd never heard/seen that before.

I worried in case she might've done a whoopsie where the pots were washed
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
No, I don't think I was ever a sink bather. I was in hospital in a plaster bed for most of my first year so definitely not then.
I can't remember bathing in tin baths or seeing one in our childhood home. My father wrote in his 'memoirs' that mum was cleaning the 'bath' when she started labour with my sister - that was the late 40's, so perhaps we had a proper bath then.
Must ask my sister if she remembers anything about the bathroom facilities when we were little biddie kiddies.

When my daughter was The Child, we had some wonderful neighbours who were desperate for a grandchild.
Their son was nowhere near meeting a lass to produce one, so they asked if The Child could be their 'adopted grandchild'.

One Saturday they gave her a bath in their kitchen sink - I thought it hilarious as I'd never heard/seen that before.

I worried in case she might've done a whoopsie where the pots were washed
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 08:28 AM

Yes, I can remember it, and the tin bath in front of the fire . Happy days
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 02:07 PM

Yes I can remember the early 1950's getting washed in the kitchen sink, then a big stone hot water bottle being put in the bed to heat it up
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Yes I can remember the early 1950's getting washed in the kitchen sink, then a big stone hot water bottle being put in the bed to heat it up
Paula, We had the stone hot water bottles too and the tin ones.
Sometimes, my mother used to put clothes around them, to air!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 03:45 PM

Can't recall ever being bathed in a sink.
However, due to ancient wiring and my father's curious methods of "fixing" things, I do recall having many an electric shock from our cast iron bath.

Edit - does anyone remember some kind of spray you could buy which you'd use instead of washing your hair with soap and water?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 04:07 PM

Just the once...last week. My wife kept banging my head on the tap trying to rinse out the shampoo.
Toffeeman55
East Yorkshire UK
Toffeeman55 is male 

08-07-2020, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Can't recall ever being bathed in a sink.
However, due to ancient wiring and my father's curious methods of "fixing" things, I do recall having many an electric shock from our cast iron bath.

Edit - does anyone remember some kind of spray you could buy which you'd use instead of washing your hair with soap and water?
Hi there....do you mean 'Dry Shampoo', from what I remember it was a talcum powder like product that was sprayed in, left, then brushed out...never used it myself...wife tells me it is still available...cheers

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top