Join for free
Page 246 of 276 « First < 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:13 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Thanks Floydy and AnnieS - I haven't gotten round to wearing them yet. My old Vans probably have a couple of months life left in them and I wear them in the house and when I visit the shop down below.

I'll wear them on Wednesday, though, I have 2 appointments: the dental department at the hospital for which I have a 2:15 slot then my 3:30 respiratory function test. The next day, Thursday I have a heart scan at 10am.

I wish they could have crammed all 3 appointments into the same day as I hate travelling to the hospital and using taxis, but I guess that's what my PIP money is for: mobility.

Apparently, I missed an appointment with the psychiatric team who are based in the opposite side of the city, a mile or so from the house. But I didn't get a letter from them. No doubt it'll turn up in the post. It annoys me no end when something like this happens.
Oh dear, a missed appointment????
Do they not email or text?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:33 PM

No, I usually get a letter or an email, it's really bugging me because they'll think, "Oh, he's just not bothered turning up".
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:50 PM

No, I usually get a letter or an email, it's really bugging me because they'll think, "Oh, he's just not bothered turning up".
Email them and explain Dreamy. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Email them and explain Dreamy. x
They don't seem to have an email address but I'm going to phone them on Monday.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-03-2019, 04:23 PM

They don't seem to have an email address but I'm going to phone them on Monday.
Yes do that, and don't worry. x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:37 PM

Can I just mention Ffosse that you're sounding much chirpier at the moment. You're taking part in more threads and starting lots of them yourself and you sound really upbeat, which is very good to hear

I wouldn't worry about the psychiatrist to be honest, it might make you more prone to anxiety and those panic attacks.

Hope your appointments all go okay for you next week bud
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-03-2019, 05:04 PM

Thanks, Floydy. I can't help it but I do worry about things like will I be able to find the right departments. I'm not shy about asking people for directions, though, if I need them. I've never been to any of those places before except for the cardiac one.

And you're right my mood has lifted, partly because the scan showed that the 3 lymph nodes in my abdomen have shrunk - the chemo worked, so it's on with the cell transplant with these appointments in between. I'll be glad once they are done because there shouldn't be anything else I need do until my admission date of April 10th. There is no surgery with the transplant just intravenously it will be done. I'm glad as I hated the knocking out a general anaesthetic does.

I'm in the right place - the Western General Hospital is regarded as one of the best places for haemotology patients.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

25-03-2019, 05:43 PM

I've had a good day. With a friend I visited a bistro-type place near my house where I ordered Nachos. They were the best nachos I've ever had with plenty of cheese and the salsa, guacamole and sour cream were presented in individual lettuce leaves. I also had a corona beer (stuff the doctors) then it was on to the mobile phone repair shop where the owner also sells a lot of stuff.

I bought a clear case for my iPhone as it's slimmer than the one I've currently got, plus a tempered glass screen protector and a new sim card which was free. The only downside is that the vape shop didn't have the coils I need for my vaper.

In Crombies butchers (which is quite famous) I bought a 1Kg tub of stovies reduced down to £2.50 because they have tomorrow's date on them. I'll eat some tonight then freeze the rest.

I don't have any appointments until Wednesday - I spent the whole weekend thinking they were on Tuesday.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-03-2019, 06:44 PM

Sounds like you have had a fairly good day Dreamy. That is good to read.
Long may it continue.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

27-03-2019, 08:53 AM

Up early in anticipation of my appointments today _ I"m not looking forward to the dental one. Tomorrow I have cardiac and on Friday I'm to see a mental health worker (that one isn't at the hospital but in a place called Inchkeith House not too far from my house).

Page 246 of 276 « First < 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top