Join for free
Page 37 of 42 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 > Last »
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:41 AM

Re: Churchill NZ under lockdown!

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Not sure about your Pastafarian, guise, but I do see you as an agitator, anti- Muslim and bordering 'far right' .
It is a bit obvious!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 07:37 AM

Not sure about your Pastafarian, guise, but I do see you as an agitator, anti- Muslim and bordering 'far right' .

My visionary skills tell me it's a pretty dangerous concoction.
I hope more an educator than agitator, certainly not anti-muslim but very anti Islam, but what does "far right" mean?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I hope more an educator than agitator, certainly not anti-muslim but very anti Islam, but what does "far right" mean?
So does that mean you are against the faith of Islam, but not the people who follow that faith?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 09:17 AM

Certainly not an educator, unless you forcefully hope everyone sees things through the same lenses you wear.

You are anti-Muslim, but wrapping it up in a different package, unless it's the same difference as someone saying they're not a Jew hater but hate Judaism. Not a Christian hater but hate Christianity..... it's daft !

... and if you like to think you are educated and equipped to try to persuade others, then you clearly know what in meant by 'far right' .

"Far right politics also commonly include authoritarianism, nativism, racism and xenophobia"
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
So does that mean you are against the faith of Islam, but not the people who follow that faith?
Precisely, and to ensure that's perfectly clear yes.

Many good and decent people who reject the directions of the Qur'an and Strong Hadith, indeed probably are not even aware of them, live good moral lives exactly as people who are not Muslims.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

24-03-2019, 11:47 AM

Certainly not an educator, unless you forcefully hope everyone sees things through the same lenses you wear.

You are anti-Muslim, but wrapping it up in a different package, unless it's the same difference as someone saying they're not a Jew hater but hate Judaism. Not a Christian hater but hate Christianity..... it's daft !

... and if you like to think you are educated and equipped to try to persuade others, then you clearly know what in meant by 'far right' .

"Far right politics also commonly include authoritarianism, nativism, racism and xenophobia"
I repeat, I have no beef with Muslim folk who simply take the bits of good morality that is expressed in the Qur'an but I would suggest that the observation made by Manuel II Palaiologos viz "Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached." should be kept in mind.

As regards "far right politics" I posed that question simply because what once would have been described as patriotism is now described as being far right.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 01:06 PM

Precisely, and to ensure that's perfectly clear yes.

Many good and decent people who reject the directions of the Qur'an and Strong Hadith, indeed probably are not even aware of them, live good moral lives exactly as people who are not Muslims.
I think many people will find that hard to understand. Many people are Christians yet think the bible is a load of rubbish, but they do not feel obliged to go to worship. I am sure that lots of Christians never go to church, yet still believe.

I think the dislike of Islam is that it is compulsory, in many countries, and no faith can be worthwhile if you are forced to believe. The problem is, very few have the courage to walk away from Islam & if they do they are punished. How can any religion become a true faith , if people are there because they are to scared to leave? Islam leaders have watched the reduction in Christianity and know that fear is the only way to keep all their members!

How can we stop that?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 01:58 PM

I repeat, I have no beef with Muslim folk who simply take the bits of good morality that is expressed in the Qur'an but I would suggest that the observation made by Manuel II Palaiologos viz "Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached." should be kept in mind.

As regards "far right politics" I posed that question simply because what once would have been described as patriotism is now described as being far right.
You insult them daily claiming they are not real Muslims, not devout, not following the true religion. But you aren't against them ? yeah right I think we can all see your true intent.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:03 PM

I think many people will find that hard to understand. Many people are Christians yet think the bible is a load of rubbish, but they do not feel obliged to go to worship. I am sure that lots of Christians never go to church, yet still believe.

I think the dislike of Islam is that it is compulsory, in many countries, and no faith can be worthwhile if you are forced to believe. The problem is, very few have the courage to walk away from Islam & if they do they are punished. How can any religion become a true faith , if people are there because they are to scared to leave? Islam leaders have watched the reduction in Christianity and know that fear is the only way to keep all their members!

How can we stop that?
In my experience it can't change until we stop this anti Muslim fervour because why would anyone not believe they are better off following the religion and step out of the mould if they think everyone else are against them ? chatting to young Muslims they do really well and start becoming more western then they face the hatred against them and retreat back into their families and often become more extreme than before. Extreme in how they worship not dangerously extreme like terrorists I mean.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:21 PM

How can we stop that?
Not really Twink. Christians who think the bible is a load of rubbish, simply are not Christians.

In response to AT's posts about what Mohammed brought that was new... Mohammed based the same basics on obedience from the Old Testament aka Moses Laws ,and the New Testament. It is not possible to deny the Old Testament (Torah) as a collection of manuscripts portraying death, evil, revenge and sacrifice. Muslims believes the Torah to be the Holy Book if Islam.

AT ;So far as this dreadful massacre in NZ, your view of 'far right' once being 'patriotism' would therefore mean that the murderer was only being 'patriotic'. If that's the case, then it's time we all knocked patriotism on the head .

Page 37 of 42 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top